• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First AR15 Build - Upper Receiver Insert ?

EddieZoom

NES Member
I've had my Aero Precision lower assembled for awhile. Finally got everything else I need to complete my first build....or so I thought.

I've got an upper receiver block but what I don't have is an upper receiver insert / plastic BCG for installing/torquing the barrel nut. Seems that this is supposed to prevent the possibility of tweaking the upper when applying pressure.

I can't seem to find anyone selling these on their own. Some upper blocks come with one...mine did not.

Must have or nice to have ? Any success with DIY alternatives ?

Thx.

Nope, That uses a proprietary barrel nut. Most all FF tubes do.

From what I saw on their site (such as the wrench they say to use for the nut) a standard AR15 armorer's wrench is all you need (for the nut iteself). Such as the one Forerunner is selling via his ongoing group buy.

OP: I've seen people simply insert their BCG into the upper before inserting into the vise block. If you weren't so far from where I am, I'd offer to let you use the insert that came with my vise block set. If you can't get the insert, and don't want to use the BCG, shoot me a PM... Maybe we can sync up over the long weekend.

Back
Top Bottom