First AR for myself!

i hate you for just sending me to another forum to read, but i can't hate you after finding out that trigger guard exists. how much do those cost? granted that's an easy pin to smash, but i got spoiled by precison point firearms' billet lowers. no pin-smashing necessary. so nice.

i hate you for just sending me to another forum to read, but i can't hate you after finding out that trigger guard exists. how much do those cost? granted that's an easy pin to smash, but i got spoiled by precison point firearms' billet lowers. no pin-smashing necessary. so nice.

i know its cheesy to link to another forum and i usually dont i just dont have time to do it properly right now. i promise though, i'll put the real writeup here in the next week.

EDIT: sorry forgot to answer your question. I believe the trigger guard with the spring loaded detents was about $20.

Last edited:
Nice rifle. Hows the rainier battlelink minimalist stock? I have been seriously considering it for a LW carbine build.

Nice rifle. Hows the rainier battlelink minimalist stock? I have been seriously considering it for a LW carbine build.

i love it so far! when i really put it through its paces i may find something i don't like but for now the only thing i have found is since its an "open" style stock sometimes the back of it will catch on the sling when transitioning to secondary or weak side. its an issue that i should be able to train away and if not i can always run some paracord across the gap like MFT's NRAT version.
http://www.missionfirsttactical.com...Spec-Tube-Size-with-Black-woven-on-NRAT-Strap

Shouldn't use the KNS anti-roll pins with the Geissele. Probably too late though.

ETA: Also the issue isn't what you posted in your other thread of pin strength

"KNS makes some .155 pins.

The issue is that the Geissele has a circlip in the hammer assembly that requires the specially made Geissele hammer pin with a groove in it. This circlip retains the hammer pin. KNS pins don't have that groove, so the metal on metal contact would wear out the circlip and then KNS pins would be required for all future use."

Last edited:
Shouldn't use the KNS anti-roll pins with the Geissele. Probably too late though.

ETA: Also the issue isn't what you posted in your other thread of pin strength

"KNS makes some .155 pins.

The issue is that the Geissele has a circlip in the hammer assembly that requires the specially made Geissele hammer pin with a groove in it. This circlip retains the hammer pin. KNS pins don't have that groove, so the metal on metal contact would wear out the circlip and then KNS pins would be required for all future use."

yeah the kns pins are already in there lol but thanks for the heads up. one email directly from geissele i saw said they recommend against it specifically because the kns pins are weaker steel than theirs so i just went forward under that assumption. i did notice the groove during the build and believe you i had just never heard that in my kns w/ geissele research. i may pull it out and have my buddy machine a matching groove in the kns pin. even if it does get to the point it requires kns pins for all future use after the clip wears out i don't plan to not use kns so i'm not worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom