• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First AR build at the end of the month.

So I got my LTC couple of weeks ago and a new job to boot. Had a project I've been wanting to get off the ground but couldn't do to the lack of money. Now getting paid more so I think I can get this going. So far I have a LPK for a AR I plan to make this in to a 9mm plinking gun to have fun with. But still be able to shoot .223 with the mag block and upper change. don't plan to spend a lot thing the most expensive thing will be the mags some pre pan colt 32 rounder will do. Can't wait for pay day to roll around [grin].

Congrats on the newly acquired LTC! But uhhh... did I catch that right? The most expensive thing will be Pre-Ban mags? I hate to break the news, but that will be the LEAST expensive thing... aside from the detent pins perhaps haha

anyone know if I can put one of these on my rifle will it be legal in MA after beening pinned http://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...-2-36-threads/kak-industry-slim-flash-can-9mm
Please give me a good reason why you want to install an aluminum extension on your rifle that does nothing? Just have a normal target crown on your barrel and the noise and blast will go forward just as this thing claims.
Also what is your thinking on 9mm vs 223.... the 9mm is fun but was short lived for me, I rather shoot 223 as its more accurate.... NOW a SBR in 9mm with a surpressor would be great for plinking!

Please give me a good reason why you want to install an aluminum extension on your rifle that does nothing? Just have a normal target crown on your barrel and the noise and blast will go forward just as this thing claims.
Also what is your thinking on 9mm vs 223.... the 9mm is fun but was short lived for me, I rather shoot 223 as its more accurate.... NOW a SBR in 9mm with a surpressor would be great for plinking!
It's mainly for looks plan to get a 14.5" barrel throw then this on and run a rail over it. Since I can't get a real Noveske flaming pig since that falls under the "evil flash hider must ban" part of the shit laws in MA.I figure find the next best thing that comes close look wise. 9mm sbr suppressed would be nice but the shit you have to go though to get that is just not worth it in my books. This rifle will have a .223 upper as well when I get around to it the mag block is not going to be a permanent so I can pop it in and out when I want to shoot .223 main reason for 9mm tho is the local range I can go to traps can't handle rifle rounds.

Last edited:
It's mainly for looks plan to get a 14.5" barrel throw then this on and run a rail over it. Since I can't get a real Noveske flaming pig since that falls under the "evil flash hider must ban" part of the shit laws in MA.I figure find the next best thing that comes close look wise. 9mm sbr suppressed would be nice but the shit you have to go though to get that is just not worth it in my books. This rifle will have a .223 upper as well when I get around to it the mag block is not going to be a permanent so I can pop it in and out when I want to shoot .223 main reason for 9mm tho is the local range I can go to traps can't handle rifle rounds.

Flaming pig isn't a flash hider lol. That thing makes a huge flash and noise .

Flaming pig isn't a flash hider lol. That thing makes a huge flash and noise .
it may not hide a flash but it is a flash hider.... The Noveske KX3 is classified as a flash suppressor by the BATF FTB.
i might like this if its slightly recessed into a free float tube...?

Last edited:
Lol damn . I don't see how tho.
Noveske covering thier ass or did they submit to a ruling?
I would say though if a bloop tube from Noveske is classified as a flash hidder it would be another charge to you if your being looked into here in MA? No matter who made the silly thing.

it may not hide a flash but it is a flash hider.... The Noveske KX3 is classified as a flash suppressor by the BATF FTB.
i might like this if its slightly recessed into a free float tube...?
yeah what I'm going for recessed into a free floot.

Update getting paid 25th. going to go down to my local gun shop to pick up a stag arms lower. If they have if some Swagpul stuff I'll buy it from them as well support your local gun shops [smile]. Going to order the mag block and some preban mags.

Still debating one what upper I should buy. MUR no Forward assist or just a plain old forged upper. Did pick out the barrel I want http://store.avguns.com/9mm-ar15-custom-14-5-full-fluted-barrel/ and plan you use the JP 9mm comp instead of the KAK flash can. I think the comp would be more useful choice its only like 30 bucks more so yeah. As for a Rail system going with a UTG 15" Pro slim Keymod. optics and sights will come later

Back
Top Bottom