First AR 15 Build And Tactical rifles Custom

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
I am starting to build my first AR. I bought my first one about two months ago and now I have five, A couple of these threads gave me A few ideas, My first AR 15 was A pre ban colt with A Krieger built upper A2
A2 flash suppressor, bayo lug, and Jewell 2 stage, It was A back up for service rifle competition only 433 shots put through it.
This is what I'm looking to get for my build by NOVEMBER.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
ONCE I FIGURE THIS COMPUTER OUT I'LL POST PIC'S

1.bushmaster A3 flat top upper receiver (just ordered)
2.bushmaster 4 rail free float hand guards (just ordered)
3.trigger(undecided)Geisselle,Jewell,Accuracy speaks,Chip McCormick?
4.Magpul M95 stock (Legal adjustable butt plate only?)my guess(Just got 2)
5.dpms single rail gas block (just ordered)
6.Compensator(undecided)JP,Surefire,Mcarthur,Miculek,Wakal?
7.Krieger DCM 20" SS 7.7Twist Match chamber
8.Lower receiver(undecided)S&W,Bush,DPMS,What else is available?
9.Sierra grip(just got)
10.enidine buffer
11.Scope(undecided)IOR 4-28X56 MP-8 ,Nightforce 5.5-22X56 NP-R1

I'm also having A M40 A5 built by tactical rifles in 300WSM, Im gonna mount A Leupold Mark4 16X40 LR Mil-dot sitting in my safe waiting for this rifle to get done for five months, it's gonna be A Tack driver Hopefully I can be too, It should be done in two more months.

Last edited:
I am starting to build my first AR. I bought my first one about two months ago and now I have five, A couple of these threads gave me A few ideas, My first AR 15 was A pre ban colt with A Krieger built upper A2
A2 flash suppressor, bayo lug, and Jewell 2 stage, It was A back up for service rifle competition only 433 shots put through it.
This is what I'm looking to get for my build by NOVEMBER.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
ONCE I FIGURE THIS COMPUTER OUT I'LL POST PIC'S

1.bushmaster A3 flat top upper receiver (just ordered)
2.bushmaster 4 rail free float hand guards (just ordered)
3.trigger(undecided)Geisselle,Jewell,Accuracy speaks,Chip McCormick?
4.Magpul M95 stock (Legal adjustable butt plate only?)my guess(Just got 2)
5.dpms single rail gas block (just ordered)
6.Compensator(undecided)JP,Surefire,Mcarthur,Miculek,Wakal?
7.Krieger DCM 20" SS 7.7Twist Match chamber
8.Lower receiver(undecided)S&W,Bush,DPMS,What else is available?
9.Sierra grip(just got)
10.enidine buffer
11.Scope(undecided)IOR 4-28X56 MP-8 ,Nightforce 5.5-22X56 NP-R1

I'm also having A M40 A5 built by tactical rifles in 300WSM, Im gonna mount A Leupold Mark4 16X40 LR Mil-dot sitting in my safe waiting for this rifle to get done for five months, it's gonna be A Tack driver Hopefully I can be too, It should be done in two more months.

JDL Sales has Stag Arms lowers. I bought one and I am delighted with it. I don't think the Endine buffer is worth the money, just my opinion.

I actually have A JP,armalite,rock river,and standard bushmaster in my other 4. There all really good I like the feel of the jewell the best that's why it's on my list for my build, The JP tactical triggers are A great feel but so aren't the RRivers and the armalite. I wanted to maybe try the GEISSELLE I heard some really good things about them they look pretty simple to install also but are a little pricey. I appreciate the suggestions though. I think I might go with the stag lower I checked one out the other day for the first time.

Contact me for a Stag lower. $115.00 I don't charge the 5% Mass. tax and I don't charge for the transfer. I have them in stock.
I also carry many of the parts you will need for your build.
I also have a Surefire comp in stock and would like to sell this great but expensive comp.
This is considered by many to be the best on the market today.
413 579 1994

Just a note on your build you do not need an Enidine buffer it will do very little for you for the cost unless you are building full auto. If you want a longer lock time use a heavy buffer.
Stay away form the McCormick trigger they all went on recall recently.

Last edited:
I had just purchased A brand new bushmaster lower for 80 bucks I couldn't pass it up so I guess thats what im gonna be building it on, I appreciate the stag though, I still might call you for it anyway, all of my AR's are bushmasters besides the COLT. I had also purchased the JP comp FRI, and I also just got the enidine buffer yesterday, Am I better off without it? Should I just use A standard buffer? Like I said I just got my first AR two months ago I don't know A great deal about them except there great guns and unbelievebly accurate right out of the box. I want to try to get into some kind of long range competition with the one im building right now, I just got to do my homework and shoot at A longer range, If anybody knows of any public ranges where I can learn some stuff from some good shooters that would be A help, or if they have training courses, It's SH***Y that I shoot by myself, none of my friends are into guns and some aren't allowed to touch them, my wife is starting to come with me but she knows as much as my 11 year old does.

You don't really need the Enidine, use the standard buffer. You got a good price on the lower.
You will need to drill, pin and weld over the pin on the muzzle brake to meet the Mass. AWB regulations. I do this job for $35.00 just ship me the upper and the brake. I have done this job for many on NES just ask around. I also pin stocks for $15.00.
If you need anything, parts or build information contact me.
413 579 1994

Stag most likely will not go into the AR10 business because they can barely keep up with what they have going now. CMT is at over production due to the contracts they have and could not add anything more production at this time.

Last edited:
How does that work when you drill and pin the brake does that in any way degrade accuracy? I was told by krieger that it should be tightened no more than A little more than A hand tighten and then silver sautered for the AWB regulations. Also I had posted A thread in MA gun laws asking about the magpul stocks, I had asked my FFL dealers in town about the buttplate being adjusted if that was illegal, they both said it doesn't collapse so it is legal for me to have on A post-ban.

You are correct about the M95 it is only adjustable so it is Mass. OK. I wasn’t paying attention to which stock you had. As far as the brake it can be welded on however I do not think silver solder will meet the test, it also looks pretty bad and unfinished the weld shows around the brake and the barrel. The ATF was very spsific about weld and weld temperature and I do not think silver solder is hot enough and it is not correct to sweat silver solder between the threads and the brake. The other specified way is to drill pin and weld over the pin. This doesn’t affect accuracy and is the way almost all current upper manufacturers do AWB states post ban receivers. Some just cut off the threads and target crown or use non-threaded barrels.

As far as the brake it can be welded on however I do not think silver solder will meet the test, it also looks pretty bad and unfinished the weld shows around the brake and the barrel. The ATF was very spsific about weld and weld temperature and I do not think silver solder is hot enough

there is a specific type of silver solder that is acceptable. i dont know enough to tell you which one. but its considered a permanent means of attaching a barrel extension on AK's.

DSA uses it too
http://www.dsarms.com/gunsmithing.asp

more info / text from BATFE letters
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/atf_letter40.txt

The ATF required a solder with a melt point greater than 1100 degrees F.

There's a decent tutorial here. The existing parkerizing on mine did discolor slightly during soldering, but returned to normal after I put a fresh coat of CLP on the barrel and brake.

And don't forget that hot steel looks just like cold steel, unless it's over 700!

Back
Top Bottom