• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firing the Glock 43 - Trigger Finger Stings!

I love the size of the G43 for sure...very nice for carry. I just didn't like the trigger, the sights, or the parts that seemed to be cheaply stamped...Maybe it is just perception, but I don't get the feel of a quality firearm with the Glock.
well that's why they sell at 459 New..[pot]

Last edited:
I love my 43, but I'm a glock guy. I have a 42, 19 and 26 that regularly get carried. I'll say this the biggest complaints about glocks are the cheap sights, the grip angle and the sweated trigger. Trigger doesn't bother me I expect to eventually change out sights anyways.

Most glock models sell for in the 500-550 range compared to digs which are 850 plus. Kind of an apples and oranges thing in my eyes. One thing about glock they go bang again and again and again

Interesting...what was it about the Sigs and HKs that didn't work for you?

For starters, my HKs and Sigs being sold were mostly a victim of circumstance. If I hadn't needed the money I would have kept most of them at least for nostalgic purposes. I do miss a few of them but not badly enough that I feel compelled to go back. When I had to sell guns I sold guns that were the least practical or I didn't shoot well, with a few exceptions... that means the Glocks stayed and everything else went.... for a few reasons...

-I can shoot a glock halfway decent.
-For some bizarre reason, with the exception of the MK23 I had, I could never really hold onto the USP .45 series guns I had that well without my support hand grip slipping all over the place or coming loose. Meanwhile I can pick up a G21SF and hold onto it like a vise with my support hand, because the grip circumference sucks less.

-I have a relative crap-ton of "preban" FML, DF, Glock mags, for nearly every Glock made except for the G23.

-Glock parts are easy to get, and with rare exceptions the guns are user serviceable. I can hit 3 places within an hour of me that will have most Glock parts that I would ever need. Good luck doing that with an HK or a Sig without getting on the phone and whining to someone for parts, etc.

-For some bizarre reason every time I pick up something like a P30, HK45, P2000, VP9, etc, My natural point of aim with those guns is low, and it sucks. It's not something you really notice at first because you just compensate for it by bringing the sights up, but the whole act of bringing the sights up" is unnatural to me. On every other platform, like a Glock, or a 1911....or even Sigs, the front sight is either a tad high or not very far off the notch. Maybe it's because I've been running Glocks for too long, I dunno.

-Sigs and HKs are the width of a friggan school bus. The upshot of this is you get lots of recoiling mass and heavy resistance against limp wristing, the downside of this is, school bus I used to carry mine IWB and while they worked just fine, it was kinda funny transiting between like my P2000 and the first Glock 19 I got... the G19 was much easier to carry IWB because of that little bit of extra thin-ness.

-Most of the newer Sig and HK products have a trigger that leaves a lot to be desired. The only exceptions to this are the VP9, the P320, and some of the single action Sigs like the X-Five. I got lucky on my old guns because a lot of them
either had action work done to them or were just made in an era where they sucked less.

At one point I owned....

Sigs: 1 x P226 9mm (from the nitron madness era) 2 x P228 9mm, one black, one factory nickel plated, both proof marked germans. 1 x P220 black, proof marked german. 2 x P229, domestic .40s, black. P239, 9mm, Black. Sig X-Five Competition 9mm, Stainless. I also had a P220-ST that was the biggest piece of shit on the planet, it ran well but the trigger was creepy as **** and nobody could ever figure out why. The SA trigger creep on that gun bugged the shit out of me. Out of all these guns the only ones I really miss are the Black P228 and the P229 I had, as well as the X-Five, because that gun was just plain fun to shoot because hitting gongs at 50 yards with that thing was like cheating.

HK: HK USPc .40, USPc .45, USP .40 full, USP .45 full, USP Tactical .45, USP Elite .45, HK MK23 .45, HK45 fullsize LEM, P2000 .40 LEM, P7M8. Only ones out of this bunch I really miss are the P7M8 and the MK23 SOCOM I had.

The thing is though, even though I miss a few of those guns, Those guns are not anywhere near the top of the list anymore... I got a bunch of Dan Wessons and CZ products to buy before I even get close to that. (The CZ disease is something like a crack addiction, this guy probably has it too...)

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Revisiting this thread since Nov. 2015:

I just got G43 and I am too suffering from the serrated trigger. I simply hate it. I can confirm that what stings the finger is indeed the serrated trigger because I also have a Gen 4 G19 that came with the same trigger, which I replaced with smooth one, and there is no issue with the smooth trigger.
Did anyone replace their G43 trigger with a smooth one and can recommend one/where to get? Didn't have much luck searching.

Thanks.

These guns were made to be pulled from a pocket and neutralize a threat at close range,they are not a range gun.

Fire 50 rounds of SD ammo through it,get used to it,clean it and carry it and never hope you have to use it.

Taking a sub-compact for a range day with 200 rounds would suck.

These guns were made to be pulled from a pocket and neutralize a threat at close range,they are not a range gun.

Fire 50 rounds of SD ammo through it,get used to it,clean it and carry it and never hope you have to use it.

while i say that is true for the 43..

the 42 can be used as a range gun due to its non existent recoil it just costs more to shoot

I would have to disagree, I bring my G33 with me on every range trip and it sees at least 200 expensive rounds every time. My only complaint was the serrated trigger and I just swapped it out to a Gen 3 smooth face one a couple weeks ago with the help of Stu @ CFG.

Why would you shoot your carry gun so little?

The only extra maintenance I do is change the recoil rod/spring every 5-600 rounds since I shoot a lot of FULL POWER ammo.

Last edited:
My finger was getting pinch at the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard on the 43. I had a gunsmith friend reduce the trigger guard thickness. The problem went away. I was looking into a new trigger too. Good luck.

Will

I would have to disagree, I bring my G33 with me on every range trip and it sees at least 200 expensive rounds every time. My only complaint was the serrated trigger and I just swapped it out to a Gen 3 smooth face one a couple weeks ago with the help of Stu @ CFG.

Why would you shoot your carry gun so little?

Because I'm not a total tard who can't hit center mass inside 10 yards.

And it's expensive nowadays,maybe thats my real reason.You spend $200 every time you shoot your carry gun,more power to you.I shot maybe $20 of HST through my carry gun to know how it acts..that's it..

Seriously,I don't need practice to hit center mass under 10 yds.

Soda cans at 50 with a sub,ya I need practice to do that.

Last edited:
nope the 43 trigger bar is just a tad longer from what i looked at that the 42 you would have to drill out the trigger shoe pin on both trigger bars, replace and throw a larger pin with some blue locktite to keep it from backing out

I think for someone new to glocks you'd have a much more pleasant experience getting used to their quirks with a 17/19/34. I love glocks, but not a fan of the 43. They are a great battle pistol, once you get used to them. I prefer other compact carry pistols though.

My 43 really hurt my finger. First I thought it was the serrations on the trigger but then I realized I had a little blister because my finger kept getting pinched between the trigger and the trigger guard. I had Tim at Gartman arms replace my trigger with a smooth aluminum Lone Wolf Ultimate trigger ($50 or so for the part, half an hour of Tim's time). Now everything is great

Sand the trigger flush or replace it.

Trying to find one, not gonna mess with sanding it.

nope the 43 trigger bar is just a tad longer from what i looked at that the 42 you would have to drill out the trigger shoe pin on both trigger bars, replace and throw a larger pin with some blue locktite to keep it from backing out

...or drilling/replacing pins.

Could buy the whole setup from NDZ for 99.95 free shipping
View attachment 174676

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom