• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firing the Glock 43 - Trigger Finger Stings!

Do 43s even come with a serrated trigger? If they're US made like the 42 is, they will already come with a smooth face trigger on it. The serrated trigger is just bullshit Glock invented to drive up the points on the stupid BATFE pistol import criteria.

-Mike

glock4301.jpg

Do 43s even come with a serrated trigger? If they're US made like the 42 is, they will already come with a smooth face trigger on it. The serrated trigger is just bullshit Glock invented to drive up the points on the stupid BATFE pistol import criteria.

-Mike

Do you think the serrated trigger could be the issue?

Do you think the serrated trigger could be the issue?

It can definitely annoy your finger... but what xtry51 is talking about is certainly possible, as well... some of them have sharp edges on just the little bar, etc.

-Mike

42 smooth trigger
43 serrated trigger

may be some exceptions to this but mine and the ones i've seen this seems to be the case.

i prefer the smooth trigger but honestly if my finger gets beat up by a 9mm glock then i'm more concerned about my mancard than glock's trigger. YMMV.

That's the case with my 42/43.

42 smooth trigger
43 serrated trigger

may be some exceptions to this but mine and the ones i've seen this seems to be the case.

i prefer the smooth trigger but honestly if my finger gets beat up by a 9mm glock then i'm more concerned about my mancard than glock's trigger. YMMV.

-Mike

I have a stock 43 and it has a serrated trigger.
And it's going to get sanded... Thanks XTRY51!

My friend is probably going to sell his 43 for this exact issue , he hates the serrated trigger, and i told him we can drill out the trigger shoe pin, on his 43 trigger bar, and an extra 42 trigger , and then drop a roll pin in it. But he declined. Probably going to get an xds 9mm instead.

When i first shot the 43 i noticed the issue as well. So i went to for a 42 instead. And lower overall recoil.

No the 43 is a longer trigger bar i think

- - - Updated - - -

http://looserounds.com/2015/06/27/glock-g43-stripped-vs-g42-internals/

Just listed this thing on NES classifieds. If I am going to have to spend a few hundred bucks to get a better trigger and something better than the plastic sights, I would be better off buying an HK or Sig.

Just listed this thing on NES classifieds. If I am going to have to spend a few hundred bucks to get a better trigger and something better than the plastic sights, I would be better off buying an HK or Sig.

Your logic really sucks: $13.99 for a trigger is a far cry from "a few hundred bucks". Lots of fail, stupidity, soft skulls and an abundance of wet tampons in this [STRIKE=stupid]thread[/STRIKE] post.

Every gun has its weakness: Better luck next time. /S/

Last edited:
Your logic really sucks: $13.99 for a trigger is a far cry from "a few hundred bucks". Lots of fail, stupidity, soft skulls and an abundance of wet tampons in this thread.

Sometimes you just lose faith in a pistol and you have to get rid of it.

With that said, I'm in love with my 43, I hit 900 rounds today (400 jhps). No malfunction (besides my rear sight coming loose at some point). Haven't cleaned or even lubed it yet.

Haven't been bothered by the trigger, but I'm a glock guy and I put a lot of finger of the trigger.

null_110.jpg

Few hundred bucks? lmao

Your logic really sucks: $13.99 for a trigger is a far cry from "a few hundred bucks". Lots of fail, stupidity, soft skulls and an abundance of wet tampons in this [STRIKE=stupid]thread[/STRIKE] post.

LOL. Looks like I hit a nerve...

Yes...maybe I can find a better deal on a trigger....and maybe I am rationalizing to a great degree because I am just more comfortable with the Sig or HK product. But you had to go off and insult me.

Bravo!

Last edited:
LOL. Looks like I hit a nerve...

Nah, some people jsut find it amusing when guys give up on a gun in like 10 seconds. Back when I bought like 2 guns a month I had "one of these" guys that used to shop at one of the gun shops I shopped at. He was an endless supply of barely used guns for my friends... because he'd buy a gun, shoot it, whine about not hitting anything with it, and sell it... with like 50 rounds down the tube.

Then again I'll also be the first person to say that Glocks aren't for everyone, or HK or whatever for that matter... if that was the case then the rest of them would all be out of business already.... handguns are like the old saying, "there's an ass for every seat" or somesuch. [laugh]

-Mike

Yes...maybe I can find a better deal on a trigger....and maybe I am rationalizing to a great degree because I am just more comfortable with the Sig or HK product.

Then why'd you buy a Glock to begin with? [laugh]

-Mike

You have: I despise stupid and you reek of it.

Lol he might have a dumb opinion but there's no need to shit down his throat over it.

The funny thing is if he had said it a different way, the butthurt level would have been a lot lower. "For reasons that are not entirely rational, I'm done with this gun so I decided to sell it."

-Mike

Good question - worth a try. Never owned one before...

I would have gone with a G17 or a G19 for a first Glock, those two guns are kinda the standardbearers of the
platform and among best in class.

Strangely enough I ended up going in the other direction. I've owned more HKs and Sigs than about 95% of the people on this forum have, and I don't have a single one of them left and a safe with a bunch of Glocks in it... well, and a beater 22 and beater frankengun 1911... and soon to be a very pretty DW 1911.

-Mike

Good question - worth a try. Never owned one before...

you gotta realize its a sub compact carry gun , not meant to be comfortable at the range, but it sounds like your playing just the tip. shit I just shot my Gen 2 G19 earlier and the notch on the front of grip pinches my pinky up good. No big deal ill live.

I would have gone with a G17 or a G19 for a first Glock, those two guns are kinda the standardbearers of the
platform and among best in class.

Strangely enough I ended up going in the other direction. I've owned more HKs and Sigs than about 95% of the people on this forum have, and I don't have a single one of them left and a safe with a bunch of Glocks in it... well, and a beater 22 and beater frankengun 1911... and soon to be a very pretty DW 1911.

-Mike

Interesting...what was it about the Sigs and HKs that didn't work for you?

my 2 G43's were sold off quick as they just didn't fit the bill, shot ok just seemed I always went for the XDS or G26 more when I opened the safe. Wife even likes her shield more.. Hey I even bought a WASR because I shot one and it wasn't bad so I found one cheap, But really got to handle it and shoot it more than looking at it at a gun shop and Hated it. I'm known to buy and if no likey I sell it, no biggie my $ and I think I'm still ahead of the game.You really cant go to a store and handle one and "THINK" you like/want it until you actually hit the range a couple times and or carry it for a week.

Last edited:
my 2 G43's were sold off quick as they just didn't fit the bill, shot ok just seemed I always went for the XDS or G26 more when I opened the safe. Wife even likes her shield more.

I love the size of the G43 for sure...very nice for carry. I just didn't like the trigger, the sights, or the parts that seemed to be cheaply stamped...Maybe it is just perception, but I don't get the feel of a quality firearm with the Glock.

Back
Top Bottom