Firing the Glock 43 - Trigger Finger Stings!

Firstly, I am not familiar with Glock firearms so I don't have a good reference point for what the experience should be like.

I did, however, have a chance this weekend to put a couple hundred rounds through a factory stock Glock 43. Now, I know a light, single stack 9mm like this is going to be a little more snappy than bigger alternatives, but I couldn't help but notice this Glock actually caused some discomfort in my trigger finger. It started to sting a bit after putting a few rounds through it.

Is this unique to Glock or small frame 9mm? I am not sure if I can chalk it up to poor technique or poor trigger design.

Any thoughts?

Any marks on your finger? Was your finger getting pinched between the trigger and the trigger safety?

I don't recall any marks, but I wasn't looking either. It didn't feel like a pinch - more like stinging from somehow getting slapped around by the recoil.

Mine has a harder trigger than the 26. It's also a pointy trigger and not comfortable at all. It's almost like the little safety bar doesn't recess all the way so there is very little real estate there.

I shot one last year and complained about trigger slap, too. I've been shooting for years and have shot pretty much all the calibers and types of handguns but can't recall having one sting like that except for a Maadi AK rifle. It stung like crazy but we switched out the trigger and fixed that. I've been told by other Glock guys that it's my imagination or I'm not controlling it properly but I gotta tell ya I controlled it just fine and it wasn't my imagination. Never did pursue it as it wasn't my gun. Maybe you need a special Glock Glove accessory!

Rome

have put 300+ rds through G43 in one range session without any such finger issues, and i'm about as fragile as a grown man could be.

maybe go shoot a G29 for a while then drop down to the G43. recoil and pain is relative. best way to make a gun feel "comfortable" is to shoot a more uncomfortable one first.

I have a G23 and had a similar experience with the trigger. No such problems with the G17 or G22 triggers. So I put the G17/22 trigger in the G23 and my problem when away. The articulated trigger is a lot more pleasant to my trigger-finger than the metal insert. YMMV.

No idea if the same trigger will work on a G43 but a Glock armorer could answer that question.

I did some dry fire testing. What I am noticing is the trigger safety cuts into my finger like a knife. I also find that the edge of my finger seems to get pinched between the trigger and the trigger guard.

It is that stupid ribbed trigger. Get something with a smooth face
I agree that this may be the source of the problem. I get an irritated trigger finger when shooting my glocks with ribbed target triggers (like the G26 and G19) but not with smooth face triggers (like the G17). A replacement is pricey though since you have to replace the trigger with the whole assembly.

To fix this issue, I lightly sanded the trigger safeties down on the triggers with ribbed faces by wrapping 800 grit sand paper around a dowel and sanding until the contour of the trigger safety is equal to that of the trigger. Much better.

+1 to the target trigger being the issue. My finger really doesn't like those. I swapped mine out to the smooth face on my G's. It may be worth seeing if one is available for the 43. I found that it stacked the trigger safety up like the point of a pyramid on the trigger. Made for a very sharp narrow angle for my finger. Let us know how you make out.

I'm probably going to be selling my 43 shortly. Either my finger position sucks on the trigger or my finger is too fat, but its rubbing on the trigger guard and getting pinched. It seems like a glock issue (for me) to me because I had the same experience with a 19.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm probably going to be selling my 43 shortly. Either my finger position sucks on the trigger or my finger is too fat, but its rubbing on the trigger guard and getting pinched. It seems like a glock issue (for me) to me because I had the same experience with a 19.

Unpossible since almost everyone here believes in "Glock Perfection" . . . nothing could ever be wrong with a Glock, it must be us that are defective! [wink] [rofl] [pot]

Just my experience, not discounting what others have encountered. I have never experienced trigger discomfort or pinching when firing the 19 or 43. I have small hands so maybe my trigger pull differs from that of those with larger hands.

I did some dry fire testing. What I am noticing is the trigger safety cuts into my finger like a knife. I also find that the edge of my finger seems to get pinched between the trigger and the trigger guard.

You may just need to become more ........ callous

Or, if youre just using the tip (yes, just the tip) of your finger, try jamming your finger in as far as you can go so youre off the "pad" of your finger. This trick fixed about %90 of the shitty shooters on my job

OP - I have the same issue on my G43. It's actually the first thing I noticed on my first range trip with the gun. You can try different finger positioning on the trigger, but that may result in accuracy issues. Still like the gun overall, however.

If you're trigger safety is sticking out too far (when fully retracted) it will sting. One of my neighbors had a G17 with a trigger safety that was way more prominent than my G34 and had a slightly ridge like a casting/molding mark. He LIGHTLY sanded it by wrapping a small strip of sand paper over his index finger and scuffing lightly back an forth while holding the trigger in past the take up. It took very little to smooth it out.

When I pull the trigger in on my G34 the safety sits fully flush with the trigger itself, so that the main pressure of my trigger pull is actually on the trigger itself, not on the safety bar.

Are you saying that the link you put here (to a glock factory trigger) is a different trigger from the one on a new gun from the factory with the ridges? Thanks

w20111231_glockpartsb017.jpg

Well he's a cop so take that with a grain of salt.

Seriously, look into swapping out the stepped trigger for a smooth trigger like this:
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GLO_033362/Trigger-With-Bar-Glock-43.html

Do 43s even come with a serrated trigger? If they're US made like the 42 is, they will already come with a smooth face trigger on it. The serrated trigger is just bullshit Glock invented to drive up the points on the stupid BATFE pistol import criteria.

-Mike

Do 43s even come with a serrated trigger? If they're US made like the 42 is, they will already come with a smooth face trigger on it. The serrated trigger is just bullshit Glock invented to drive up the points on the stupid BATFE pistol import criteria.

-Mike

A quick google search says yes the 43 comes with a serrated trigger.

-Mike

No Idea, I assumed they did as all the compacts/subs come with them and I know many people complain about it, myself included, I am just trying to decide if I want to splurge on a flat face or go with the 17 trigger

Back
Top Bottom