Fireworks vet discount.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Atlas Fireworks is a chain with shops in NH and probably elsewhere. We go to the one in Newport.

Proprietor was putting out signs and noticed a military decal and asked if I was a veteran. They give you 10% off. Which is nice. Perhaps other chains do as well.

A lot of the boxes now have image codes and if you capture it with your phone, it shows a video with the presentation, pretty cool.

They got an eight ton shipment and expect to sell out by the fourth.

so what kind of proof he lookin' for? any besides a bumper sticker? 10% off is a nice discount cause that stuff ain't cheap no mo, especially if one is looking to impress the neighborhood on the 4th. :)

My driver license is marked veteran but never showed it. The only who doesn’t accept that is the MA RMV because of course.

so what kind of proof he lookin' for? any besides a bumper sticker? 10% off is a nice discount cause that stuff ain't cheap no mo, especially if one is looking to impress the neighborhood on the 4th. :)
I always have a copy of my DD214 in the truck. If you don't have one I'll send you a copy of mine for $25. LOL. Jack.

Their webpage states:
MILITARY DISCOUNT
RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL 10% OFF YOUR ORDER
*Must have a valid Military I.D. Ask an Atlas associate today for more details!

Buy enough fireworks ($500) and you'll get in the VIP club for other discounts and special offers.

Or join a shooting crew and get the employee discount.

Dropping shells.jpg

Here’s a “duh” question: any special storage needed? We just keep them in a cool spot indoors.
In NH, there are no special storage requirements for Class C (the kind bought at retail stores) fireworks.

A cool, dry spot is just fine.

Class B fireworks (like the ones shown in the photo above), have extensive and strict requirements for storage and transport.

In NH, there are no special storage requirements for Class C (the kind bought at retail stores) fireworks.

A cool, dry spot is just fine.

Class B fireworks (like the ones shown in the photo above), have extensive and strict requirements for storage and transport.
Years ago I would get the "Explosive" FFL for three bucks and have the fireworks shipped to me direct. I only had to show the examiner a steel lockable box with a non sparking liner (wood). Easy. The examiner would come to wherever I was to look at the box and hand me the license. Wonder if they still have that FFL? Jack.

Years ago I would get the "Explosive" FFL for three bucks and have the fireworks shipped to me direct. I only had to show the examiner a steel lockable box with a non sparking liner (wood). Easy. The examiner would come to wherever I was to look at the box and hand me the license. Wonder if they still have that FFL? Jack.
Not sure.
This is what I get from the ATF.

ATF Employee Handler edit.jpg

Not sure.
This is what I get from the ATF.

View attachment 630208
Mine was a real FFL and I needed to sign copies and send them to the distributers just like with firearms. And they were only good for a year. So easy to get that it probably got out of control. And this was in the early '80s when things were a bit looser. Jack.

Our camp is between Sunapee and some other hills, so we get a triple echo. Don’t like to launch them unless it’s rained, but rain is forecast next Monday and Tuesday.

If it’s like other years it’s stores in Seabrook.

They aren’t doing very well because our Boston neighborhood sounds like the Tet Offensive for the next couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom