Fireworks online

DJBrad

NES Member
Anyone buy fireworks online and have them shipped to Ma? Never done this before but I’ve had boolits dropped at my front door for a long time so I would guess it’s not a big deal. But since this is Ma I’m sure it is a big deal, smh.

I know you can get things drop shipped to Nh and pick up at supercenters but I’m not sure if they restrict sales to Ma residents nor if they even check any id.

Lol kids at my elementary school used to get away with it in the 90s but I think most won't ship here anymore. It's going to be way overpriced anyways. Judging by the explosions in my town people have no problem getting them lmao....

When I plug in my zip code most of ‘em go right to a super center pickup or something like that. Others do minimum $400 palletized stuff in shrink wrap. I wouldn’t mind some M1000’s.

Anyone buy fireworks online and have them shipped to Ma? Never done this before but I’ve had boolits dropped at my front door for a long time so I would guess it’s not a big deal. But since this is Ma I’m sure it is a big deal, smh.

I know you can get things drop shipped to Nh and pick up at supercenters but I’m not sure if they restrict sales to Ma residents nor if they even check any id.
We get them at Shelton's in Robertsdale, Alabama when we visit. Right off Interstate 10 eastbound (towards Pensacola). Best fireworks selection I ever saw. Don't know if they ship but you might want to check it out. Best selection and best prices.

I wouldn’t mind some M1000’s.

Neither I nor anyone I know would ever be in possession of something like that of course, but I once heard a story about a guy who had some ‘seal bombs’, and they were awesome! I heard. Best things I heard about since I heard about quarter sticks some twenty years back.

Now back to your regularly scheduled oppression...

30-35 year ago, there was a shop in Michigan (I think) that shipped truck freight.

watching an 18 wheeler come down my cul de sac was funny. I was 15. My dad wasn’t happy but I still got tofire them all off. Lol

Didn't say I was boycotting. I used to blow up my gi joes with fireworks.
Dude, I picked up your sarc right away. I know.

I once lit up a 1/4 stick and threw it across the street when I was high school. I surely ran back in the house and hid myself post haste.

Can't remember all the details, but back in the early '80s, while a lot of you were still pissing your pants, I would take out a "explosive" FFL to be used to have the stuff shipped to me from distributors. I would apply and would get a call from ATF Boston. The examiner would come to the house, look at my "storage unit" which was a steel cabinet lined with plywood to make it non-sparking, hand me the FFL and collect $3 cash which he probably used for a coffee stop on his way home. Repeat as needed since the license was only good for a year. Jack.

growing up at a near-the-beach summer shack (literally a shack on blocks), the locals used to buy them out of a guy's trunk as well. I fondly remember my father lighting the fuse on a REAL M-80, waiting for the fuse to burn down some and lofting them up so they would explode in the air rather than thrown on the ground.

We'd get a few 1/4 sticks per fourth as well.

Since the statute of limitations is probably up on that....*some* of them may have been filched for more nefarious purposes

Lol kids at my elementary school used to get away with it in the 90s but I think most won't ship here anymore. It's going to be way overpriced anyways. Judging by the explosions in my town people have no problem getting them lmao....
Last night in Franklin it sounded like a firefight. Someone was having fun.

Great memories growing up in PA/NJ in the 60's, spend summer weekends and vacation in the Pocono mountains. Dad had a boat on Lake Wallenpaupack,
and we would take the boat out while he and his partner-in-misbehaving brother-in-law would let me drive while they each stood in the back of the
boat - lighting ashcans/M80's/cherry bombs with their cigarettes and throwing them out the back. Nice water loft on detonation - my job was to
drive to avoid big chop, and to warn if the lake patrol was spotted anywhere.

Dad and my uncle called it "messin' with the fishermen".

Never gave a worry about "what if a lit one got dropped in the boat" - they were leaning out over the side before lighting them, fer crissakes!

Boy what a different world when you step past that MA. iron curtain.
Wife went into Win-Dixie the other day,and came out with a variety
pack of fireworks. What is it that Hickok45 says life is good.

Saw an old pic on FB of the fireworks stand in Middleboro. . . 100-and-something years ago. I guess they were safer back then. I dunno. ;)

People had more sense back then. Too many idiots blowing fingers off these days.

Lol the large firecracker ban happened in the 60s. It wasn't "these days" . At some point the "junior blew his hand off and became stumpy, no biggie" thing became culturally
taboo, and the "karens" started to whine to legislators to "do something" etc. IMHO people were always injuring themselves (or others) with them, it's just that culturally nobody gave a shit, until small children started f***ing around with them and calling darwin to do his thing. Of course didn't stop people from still making/selling stuff.... there are still people that do today, just not on this scale....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7wVnItXe28

Back
Top Bottom