• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms Training

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
If you would like a link added please IM me.

Armed Response Training Reality-Based Firearms and Tactical Training for Surviving a Lethal Encounter

Blue Line Corp Mobile firearms training.

Cumberland Tactics State-of-the-art firearms training for professional men and women.

Instructional Shooting Inc. Firearms training out of Lowell, MA.

NE Shooters Provides Quality Firearms Training in the North East.

Progressive Force Concepts Modern Firearms and Self-Defense Training.

Suarez International.com Training in Weapons, Tactics, and Combatives.

Threat Focused Weapons Training

Last edited:
In case you know of someone who's looking for a safety course near hubby and I in Haverhill...

We teach the NRA Basic Pistol, Home Firearms Safety and Personal Protection courses. We're the least expensive in the area. We teach the classroom part out of our home and then go to the range for the practical part (except for the HFS course - that's only classroom with no shooting).

We go by: Starfire Firearms Safety Training and our phone number is 978-373-4325. Sorry - no web site. :D

OK, since Lynne opened it up, I'm in Westford and also teach Home Firearm Safety, Basic Pistol, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim, as well as instructor training. A few classes are regularly scheduled groups, but most are individual or small groups whenever someone's interested. Phone is 978-692-6818. I should have my web site up and running within a week or two and will add it to my sig file then.

Ken

Well, there you go. I too teach NRA Basic Pistol, HFS and PP.

I also teach for a company called the Ruckup Group. We run it out of central Connecticut. www.ruckup.com

Contact me with any questions. I took a few courses there before I was hired. Good group. All prior Marines and Army Rangers with additional experience as security contractor in Iraq.

S/F

SgtUSMC8541 said:
Well, there you go. I too teach NRA Basic Pistol, HFS and PP.

I also teach for a company called the Ruckup Group. We run it out of central Connecticut. www.ruckup.com

Contact me with any questions. I took a few courses there before I was hired. Good group. All prior Marines and Army Rangers with additional experience as security contractor in Iraq.

S/F

Looks like a good school. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about them.

djsmiles said:
i'm willing to travel. but are there any courses in the western part of mass?

I'm not aware of any, but I have seen some postings for upstate NY. Of course, the legalities of attending something with handguns in NY State would need to be researched for non-residents.

I would think that if you went to NY you wouldn't get the MA State police cert along with the NRA one.

Adam

NY

If you want to attend a course in NY using handguns, make sure the instructor runs a match which is recornized or approved by the NRA or IMHSA as part of the course. NY penal code 265.20(13) allows posession of a handgun in th estate within a 48 hour window of such a competition provided it is carried in an opaque case.

Check that section of the NY penal code yourself first - never rely on an internet post from a non-lawyer as the basis for bringing guns behind enemy lines.

Adam,

I think MA (CHSB) will take money from anyone! [lol]

I took a course from a MA resident for my FL CCW. This person is also certified to teach for Utah, AZ, and a number of other states. As long as he pays those states for their certification, they don't care where he lives.

My response was along the lines of the defensive handgun courses that I took in Tyngsboro this over the last 1+ year. www.neshooters.com Actually these trainers were also certified for some other Western US states CCW (and Randy Cain may have been certified for TN if such cert exists down South).

Nickle said:
Here's the link to the Utah Out of State Instructors . There are 8 in Mass, and they may be certified in Mass (likely), or able to point you in the right direction.

http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/insoutstate.pdf

Make that 9 . . . if you look under AZ and find Stephen Yarosh (he actually goes by "Mike") and note the NH phone number. Mike actually lives very close to me in MA, has a business in NH and used to be an active shooter at Manchester Firing Line until he landed a job in Boston managing IT support.

Mike gave me the course for my FL CCW.

BTW, Craig Swinson may be in the area near Greenfield and I see him listed under MA for Utah, so he's likely MA Certified as well.

Lynne said:
Hey Len...did Mike used to work for DEC?

I seem to think that he said so once upon a time. But I don't know if it was here or Phoenix (where he comes from).

I need to try to reach him again and make a second invite to join us here!

LenS said:
Lynne said:

I seem to think that he said so once upon a time. But I don't know if it was here or Phoenix (where he comes from).

On the short side and a little plump?

Lynne said:
LenS said:
Lynne said:

Not since I've known him! [wink]

LenS said:
Lynne said:
LenS said:
Lynne said:

Not since I've known him! [wink]

The Mike I knew was around my height and a bit on the heavy side - not fat, just....well...plump. I can't remember if he was in Woburn or Andover...or maybe both. Next you see him, ask...unless, of course he happens to be 6 ft. [lol] [lol]

There are Mass. State Police and NRA certified Training Counselors, Instructors and RSO teaching various courses at the Massachusetts Rifle Association (mainly the Basic Fireams Safety Course -i.e., LTC-002) in Woburn. Their website is: www.MassRifle.com

They also going to have their annual "Women's Instructional Shoot" on June 3rd.

T Dog said:
There are Mass. State Police and NRA certified Training Counselors, Instructors and RSO teaching various courses at the Massachusetts Rifle Association (mainly the Basic Fireams Safety Course -i.e., LTC-002) in Woburn. Their website is: www.MassRifle.com

They also going to have their annual "Women's Instructional Shoot" on June 3rd.
T Dog- thanks for the plug. Len sticky'd the Women's Instructional Shoot info for me in this topic. And we aim to please with the BFSC [wink]

I hear we're putting on the best class in the state. I'm partial so that's why I believe it. [smile]

It looks like this year's Women's Instructional shoot will be even bigger than last year's.

Will you be going to the MRA for "guns 'n' eggs" on Sunday?

[wink]

T Dog said:
It looks like this year's Women's Instructional shoot will be even bigger than last year's.

Will you be going to the MRA for "guns 'n' eggs" on Sunday?

[wink]

Really- is there anything better? I think the other week John gave me at least 6 eggs to make up for my not eating bacon. My arteries still hurt. [laugh]

Yep, the home fries when their seasoned right an' done up a bit crispy but I've got to watch it or they'll accuse me of using an artificial rest in the off-hand position.

Back
Top Bottom