• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms Jobs Western MA

I heard that there is a lot of bonus $$ involved and good $$ when training and 'performance based'.
YMMV
I wasn't trying to poopoo anything. I was just curious and took a look at the site. Wanted to add a couple (publicly available) numbers to the conversation. For training pay, that's not bad, all told.

It strikes me that as maintenance mechanic, you should be able to fix the machines at a place like Savage, Smith, Ruger, or Sig.

Or were you euphemistically saying you’re a janitor?
So not a janitor but that’s like 15% of the job title. It’s more like light carpentry, plumbing, electrical etc. More of less like a Jack of all traces kind of deal

Valley Steel in bitchin' Greenfield. State of the art manufacturing of the wheel
gun components and a learning/apprentice program (and bonuses) that is supposedly
VERY good.

(this from a female friend who was doing HR for them (alas, she hated!! any form of gun))

This looks like a great opportunity!

I am from Greenfield and live close by now. I heard they got bought out by a Chinese company, any truth to that rumor?

Truth.
Steve (The owner) did sell. Not sure to whom. But he is still in charge for the next 2 years(?).

Additional info: The company I work for has a copy of the new facility he wants to build for additional production of aforementioned goods.
The city is giving him pushback, via delays, because they know what's being manufactured. (My boss is part of the Zoom meetings and updates us on the BS.)

Yes ALL THE SNAKES are built there and then shipped.
They also manufacture other parts for other manufacturers.

The op could apply at savage arms.. they are always hiring

GS Precision is hiring, they have several shops in the area. I have a relative who is a VP there. No drug testing for weed, but for everything else there is. Brattleboro is right over the border and there is another in Keene or someplace near there. They use to have a machinist apprentice program, they still might.

Yes, I'm sure there is so much industry and manufacturing that the town of Greenfield
can just piss the tax revenue, skilled workers and everything else away.

Virtue tops all in Massachusetts.

Yes, I'm sure there is so much industry and manufacturing that the town of Greenfield
can just piss the tax revenue, skilled workers and everything else away.

Virtue tops all in Massachusetts.
Back in the 50’s and 60’s, Greenfield was a huge tool manufacturing town. Millers Falls Co (My Grandfather worked their 55 years!), GTD, Bendix, plus all the paper mills in the area. Sadly…. The unions, cheap crap made in China and Japan took their toll and they are all gone.

Kahr is in Worcester. To everyone inside 128 that is Western Mass

Smith*Wesson is still hiring. There are a few jobs listed for Springfield. Check out the S&W site. Finding the careers is a little confusing on the site and navigating to find jobs available is a little bit of a chore but there are some jobs still listed for Springfield.

Yeah already in the state sector. Turning over apartments gets redundant and not fulfilling
How many years do you have in the system? Vested? Health Insurance was cheap when I worked for the Housing Authority as a Maintenance Mechanic (671 units). I only had to cover 10% of the cost. Plus the state gave automatic pay raises every year. I've since moved on within the system to a better job with better pay. Can't beat the benefits and retirement system.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question looking for some advice.

How does one go about getting into firearms jobs? I know maybe a LGS but was wondering what that job experience is like. Possibly looking to change careers coming soon and thought I’d ask here first for first hand experience working at a LGS

Thanks!

several ways.

1. Apply for a job ay yhe factory, tell them you love to do a repetitive, monotonous task over and over again.

2. Gain some skills, just as becoming an engineer.

3. Work in sales - not the FFL counter, but the dude working for the factory. SW was hiring sales people during COVID.

4. Work operations and spend your days working with Excel and telling sales people how to do their jobs when you habe never done it.

5. Die your hair purple, join people strategy and plan pizza and bagel days to justify your salary.

I am from Greenfield and live close by now. I heard they got bought out by a Chinese company, any truth to that rumor?

Article from Friday about Valley Steel Stamp is now NE-XT.

Rumor:
They doubled their production of snakes a month

Back
Top Bottom