Firearms and chemicals found in CT home.

CT Cops Seize 69-Year-Old’s 274 Legal Guns and Charge Him with 17 Felonies

Seems like he was into model rockets and had the stuff for it and was busted

A Connecticut man found himself in the crosshairs of his state’s anti-2nd amendment policies for simply having too many guns and being a rocketeer.
Police raided the home of Joseph Callahan, 69, on Monday and charged him with 11 counts of illegal possession of explosives and six counts of first-degree reckless endangerment after finding 274 guns in his home in Fairfield Connecticut.
Callahan is a gun aficionado who collects guns and is also a retired chemist who is an amateur rocketeer. And according to the NY Daily News “at least some of the chemicals found appeared to be for his rocketry hobby.” I’m guessing that all of those chemicals were used for his hobby.

CT Cops Seize 69-Year-Old?s 274 Legal Guns and Charge Him with 17 Felonies

Connecticut cops seize arsenal of guns and explosives from chemist's home - NY Daily News

one more step in the wrong direction. Once more, a situation where a citizen CALLED THE POLICE FOR ASSISTANCE and lands his ass in jail!
Anyone else see where this is going???

This is the key phrase:

Callahan’s entire collection was seized and the 69-year-old was taken into custody but was allowed free in lieu of bond with the condition that he help officials sort out the scene, since they didn’t even know what they were looking at, apparently.

So this guy has all his PRIVATE PROPERTY seized just because some 'roid-head gets his panties in a bunch. I hope he sues the you-know-what out of them.

Last edited:
Is it even clear that he's the one that called the cops. I've read a few articles and they never said who called. Wondering if it was the cop's (anonymous) tip, or a grumpy neighbor.

Thank goodness they got this violent gang-banger and his arsenal of killy guns off the streets!

When I tuck my kids in to bed tonight I will remind them of how much safer they are now.

Anyone else see where this is going???

[wave] ooooo ooooo, I do ! Police state, totalitarianism, martial law, forced relocation, re-education camps and let's not forget a major economic depression, civil unrest when the welfare system collapses, and "terrorist activites" when the rest of the population and had enough and starts shooting.

Close enough ? [thinking]

Funny that CT calls itself "The Constitution State" ..... More like "The Police State"!

Hmmm I thiought it was supposed to be "The nutmeg state". [laugh]

Poor guy at the intersection of chemophobia, hoplophobia and financial envy, bad place to be these days.

He did tell the police he was making a bomb for Keith Richards..kinda odd why he would say that
I don't wanna justify what the police did..but you probably sounds crazy when you say something like that to cops

He did tell the police he was making a bomb for Keith Richards..kinda odd why he would say that
I don't wanna justify what the police did..but you probably sounds crazy when you say something like that to cops

You want to cite a source on that? I certainly missed that glaring statement in the press releases...

Re: CT Cops Seize 69-Year-Old’s 274 Legal Guns and Charge Him with 17 Felonies

Funny that CT calls itself "The Constitution State" ..... More like "The Police State"!

My license plate currently has the word "constitution" taped over. It will remain that way until my rights are restored.

Police found M-80 fireworks and jet fuel which he said was used in 2 of his classic corvettes.

i'm no car person, but older vettes run on jet fuel?

jet fuel which he said was used in 2 of his classic corvettes.

He has two corvettes that run on Kerosene? Or are they confusing 1XX octane gas for actual jet fuel?

Please tell me how many 30 round clips you confiscated as well....[rolleyes]

- - - Updated - - -

My license plate currently has the word "constitution" taped over. It will remain that way until my rights are restored.

Funny guy. May as well grind it off because you're not going to get them restored.

You want to cite a source on that? I certainly missed that glaring statement in the press releases...

boston.com reports: Police say a Fairfield man charged with possessing explosives said he had detonation cords for rockets and chemicals used in the bombings of the World Trade Center in New York in 1993 and federal office building in Oklahoma City in 1995.

An arrest warrant also says Joseph C. Callahan claimed to be making a bomb for Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards.

Read the complete story at Boston, MA news, breaking news, sports, video | Boston.com.

Please tell me how many 30 round clips you confiscated as well..
they are still trying determine if they are "banana type" or not. if I was not stuck in CT for the next 10 years I would write my stupid legislators and demand that they ban all "banana type clips", but knowing t hem they would push forward the banana clip bill.

boston.com reports: Police say a Fairfield man charged with possessing explosives said he had detonation cords for rockets and chemicals used in the bombings of the World Trade Center in New York in 1993 and federal office building in Oklahoma City in 1995.

An arrest warrant also says Joseph C. Callahan claimed to be making a bomb for Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards.

Read the complete story at Boston, MA news, breaking news, sports, video | Boston.com.

link is here: Police: Man making bomb for Stones rock musician - Connecticut - Boston.com

"Callahan said he played with explosives as a hobby and told officers he made homemade explosive devices by filling tubes with flash powder and attaching a fuse on his basement workbench." When I was a kid, we stuck tubes of explosives with fuses into the bottom of our rockets as well...typically it was a class d engine, but some of us could afford the multistage engines with the boosters! The professionals we got to watch used home made engines with some pretty serious firepower; it's probably a felony to do that now.

Given that the news reported we "had so many animals that animal control had to be called in to wrangle them all" when I called animal control to remove our two dead dogs from the house fire, then used video of them pulling my 16 foot Burmese python and our hedgehog to illustrate the "zoo", you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe a damned thing the media reports. When they release the arrest record and it is corroborated by the owner and/or his lawyer, I'll believe it.

they are still trying determine if they are "banana type" or not. if I was not stuck in CT for the next 10 years I would write my stupid legislators and demand that they ban all "banana type clips", but knowing t hem they would push forward the banana clip bill.

Like this
Nana-saver.jpg

Or this

banana-hair-clip.jpg

If it's the first one, no one will care, but the second one would rock the fashion world of 13 year old girls throughout Connecticut!

Back
Top Bottom