Firearms - 20 "Children" a Day Hospitalized...

ccm75

NES Member
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/firearm-injuries-hospitalize-about-20-us-kids-a-day-study/

"About 84 percent of shooting injuries involved teens between 15 and 19 years old. An overwhelming 89 percent of the patients were male. The firearm injury rate for black males was more than 10 times the rate for white males."

Clearly, based on their own statistics, the over whelming majority of "children" being shot relates to black teenagers shooting each other. Yet, their solution is to make guns safer.............[thinking]

400,000 people die every year from tobacco use.

That's 7,692 per week, or 1,099 per day.

Where is the outrage for this?

400,000 people die every year from tobacco use.

That's 7,692 per week, or 1,099 per day.

Where is the outrage for this?

I heard a statistic similar to this, but it was over a 50 year period. Try 25 million!!!! from tobacco use.

Obama " if we could save just ONE life"

I think the percentage of gun deaths whom are gang related is 75% from the last study I saw. And drug related it's a few percentage points higher. These "children" are white, black, Hispanic, etc. gang bangers and drug dealers. Yes it's sad these children die each day but they are not 3 yr olds, they made choice to put themselves at the end of the barrel of a gun. Choices have consequences.

at risk of sounding like a racist....

it seems that black males between the ages of 15-19 are a big part of the problem. Maybe it's time we have a serious discussion and work on some compromises

But who would enforce limits on Black males age 15 - 19??

The study and the assumptions made by other people quoted in the article are made of fail. If "states with the most stringent gun laws had the fewest gun-related deaths.", then Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and New York City would be shooting free paradises. Yet none of them are, and Chicago in particular is full of gun violence.

Once again a political agenda is being advanced under the guise of public health.

I'd bet that not one person involved in the study or quoted has ever heard of John Lott.

How about Vermont and New Hampshire?

They must be real shooting galleries? Wait, they are a lot of aging hippies in Vermont so they are probably all p.p. This graph shows the huge spike in recent years (well not recent but...):

800px-Homoffendersbyage.svg.png

Wait, 28 years later, it looks like all age groups have gone down. Let me expand the vertical axis so you can see it. I will use the global warming magnification factor... [hmmm]
White Feather

They're pushing this on CBS big time.... they're basically telling all your neighbors "you" to ask your neighbors if they have guns and if they are locked up. Its ****ing gross...

If the .gov wanted to eliminate most gun violence they would go into the $hit sections of the city and start enforcing laws on the books. This is not the agenda they are after.

They're pushing this on CBS big time.... they're basically telling all your neighbors "you" to ask your neighbors if they have guns and if they are locked up. Its ****ing gross...

CBS has been anti 2A for as long as I can remember, going back to the 1960s. This, despite the fact that they have some of the most violent shows on TV. I watched an episode of Bluebloods and there was a big shootout where the cops killed three guys. That included one who was sitting in a getaway car waiting for the other two guys who were doing the actual shooting. I don't watch much network TV, but the promos I see are explosions, gun fights, and car chases all the way. Violence end to end.

Hypocrites.

The fact that this report is being used in this way is really a testament to how far gone the antis really are, the report clearly states that this is a problem with minorities in the 15-19 range, yet, the law-abiding "gun lobby" is the problem? I always thought these people were whacked, but this is just ridiculous. Well, maybe some people on the fence about this issue will read this report and get their heads out of their you know whats..

Fifteen years old sounds young in today's standards,

but not long ago people were starting families at that age,

There not so young as to not know wrong from right,

at this point I think it safe to say they have made there choice to be jack asses, and will do so way beyond there younger years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom