firearm related auto plates?

RK1717

NES Member
I was wondering what do you guys think of getting firearm related license plate numbers (MASS).

"WIN 308" "556 223"

Those are examples, I was wasn't going to divulge my idea but only a few people would really ever recognize it. You'd have to kinda be thinking about it to get it. Its a hidden message!

But being in MA, does anyone have any thoughts, would the DMV look it up and then tell me no?

I met a kid with "666 420", they let that through.

I have one, but it's in NH, but when I go to MA I get weird looks for the Hummer and the blatant firearm plate. A local cop pulled me over for a burnt out tail light and didn't say a word about it though.

I have one, but it's in NH, but when I go to MA I get weird looks for the Hummer and the blatant firearm plate. A local cop pulled me over for a burnt out tail light and didn't say a word about it though.

Whenever I'm in NH/ME, I see a ****-ton of personalized plates. Out here in central MA, there aren't that many. All the rich bastards down Boston way got all the good ones.

I see no reason for them to stop you, they will happily take your money. Practically speaking, I would not advertise on my vehicle. For the same reason I think its a bad idea to put the names of one's children on your car, why would I advertise that I have guns, along with a straight forward method to find out where I live.

Yes, there is a license plate censor. It used to be (may still be) this one lady who has gotten very good at deciphering hidden messages in plates and denies things based on some rule, probably quite arbitrary.

No swears, etc., etc.

She looks at who is requesting things to see if it matches a first name and on and on. I saw a thing on this a long time ago.

I wonder if there could be a firearms specialty plate in Mass - like the cape & Islands of Jimmy fund plate.
Plate proceeds could go to GOAL or Comm2A

legislative approval is not required in Massachusetts to create specialty tags. Any registered charitable organization can submit a design to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, post a $100,000 bond to protect the state from financial loss, and obtain applications and fees from at least 1,500 drivers who want the new plates. The state returns the bond if more than 3,000 of the specialty plates sell within two years.

Its a bit of money to float up front (but other charities have done it with donors) but imagine driving around Mass with a speciality plate that says something like "Support the Second Amendment"

Yep there is most def a license plate censor and they do a pretty good job of censoring.

Now why would ya want to give more of your hard earned money to the state that hates you for being a gun totin' 'merican and only opens the possibility of unwanted attention of hoplophpbic members of the local constabulary?

I can't believe nobody chose PRE BAN.

Yes, there is a license plate censor. It used to be (may still be) this one lady who has gotten very good at deciphering hidden messages in plates and denies things based on some rule, probably quite arbitrary.

No swears, etc., etc.

She looks at who is requesting things to see if it matches a first name and on and on. I saw a thing on this a long time ago.

I saw someone with the vanity plate MOEDIK. I have a feeling the screener must've been having a heart attack while this one went over the plate.

Back
Top Bottom