• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearm "registration"

Since we are picking legals brains here. I have a question about C&R when I buy a firearm from out of State person, I file it in my bound book and fill out a FA10 now when I sell a firearm to an out of State FFL OR C&R I just file it in my bound book. Am I doing this right.[?]

NO. You are doing it bass-ackwards.

FA-10's are for in-state transfers and acquisitions. You should be filing FA-10's for C&R guns you receive from out of state and for in-state, private transfers.

As you would have seen had you read this thread or the many others dealing with this subject. [rolleyes]

when I buy a firearm from out of State person, I file it in my bound book and fill out a FA10 now when I sell a firearm to an out of State FFL OR C&R I just file it in my bound book.

You are correct, if the following is what you intended to say:

When I buy a C&R eligible firearm from out of state, I file the receipt in my bound book and fill out an FA-10. Now, when I sell a C&R eligible firearm out of state, I just file the disposition in my bound book.

This thread is a shameful contribution to NES. Some of the respondents need to learn to take the high road and lose the attitude, quickly. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Maybe it wouldn't be so hard if the laws weren't written by a pack of drunken monkeys. With those credentials, why don't you publicly advocate for a reformation of the firearms laws to make them clearer and easier? Like, say, eliminating registration requirements completely and the elimination of a license for purchase or mere possession?

If the laws in this state were normal then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all, because there would be no stupid FA-10 forms to fill out...EVER. You'd just go and buy and sell a gun like a loaf of bread, like private sellers get to do in "free america." [smile]

-Mike

You'd just go and buy and sell a gun like a loaf of bread, like private sellers get to do in "free america." [smile]

WHAT? Boy, am I embarrassed. I hope the FA-10 I sent in for that loaf of bread doesn't confused them too much. I guess I got confused... it was an out of state loaf and I didn't know what to do. [wink]

If the laws in this state were normal then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all, because there would be no stupid FA-10 forms to fill out...EVER. You'd just go and buy and sell a gun like a loaf of bread, like private sellers get to do in "free america." [smile]

-Mike

This is why i'd love to see members shoots up in NH...that way, if i want something someone has, its a matter of hitting the ATM and buying it from them. (this only applies to NH guys, tho)

-Mike

Oh I know what it's like in free America. I'd just like to see people that legislators can't dismiss as "crazy gun folk" take up the banner. Not that I think it would change much here, but one can hope.

CHSB "registration" - what an absolute farce.

What say the end of this year we get everyone together who still has FTFs available and sell the same gun from one to another back and forth until all the FTF's are used up. Then we can hit the CHSB with like 200 registrations for the same gun in a one-day timeframe...

WHAT? Boy, am I embarrassed. I hope the FA-10 I sent in for that loaf of bread doesn't confused them too much. I guess I got confused... it was an out of state loaf and I didn't know what to do. [wink]

I still have a few "pre-ban" loaves of garlic bread in my freezer downstairs... you know, the ones with the extra garlic and butter infused in them.

A friend of mine is trying to pay his SOT status so he can get post-86 steaks, you know, the ones that have the extra fat that make them taste good.

[laugh]

-Mike

Do I have to file an FA-10 for my staple gun? It's only single-action.

Here's a link to an article "ERRORS KEEP PILING UP IN THE GUN REGISTRY". Check out #7.

While we're on the subject again, why do I have to file an FA-10 on the AR15 that I put together? The law doesn't say anything about putting one together and creating a working firearm.[devil]

Back
Top Bottom