Firearm purchase with expired LTC

MG2112

NES Member
Wait....let me explain.

A friend of mine has a Class A LTC. His LTC expired and his renewal paperwork is
in the pipeline. My question is can he make a firearm purchase from A FFL with a pending renewal of his LTC????

Thanks

Wait....let me explain.

A friend of mine has a Class A LTC. His LTC expired and his renewal paperwork is
in the pipeline. My question is can he make a firearm purchase from A FFL with a pending renewal of his LTC????

Thanks

The answer is NO! This is according to Jason Guida, Esq., the head of the Firearms Records Bureau under CJIS (formerly CHSB). I asked him this question directly and that was his answer.

The answer is NO! This is according to Jason Guida, Esq., the head of the Firearms Records Bureau under CJIS (formerly CHSB). I asked him this question directly and that was his answer.

So basically, those in the grace period cannot buy firearms.... of course, I doubt it actually says in the law that individuals using the grace period are prohibited from purchasing, but his response is obviously the most preferential to antis, so I'm not surprised. [laugh]

-Mike

So basically, those in the grace period cannot buy firearms.... of course, I doubt it actually says in the law that individuals using the grace period are prohibited from purchasing, but his response is obviously the most preferential to antis, so I'm not surprised. [laugh]

-Mike

Mike, according to Jason, the MIRCS system will NOT allow a "proceed" on an expired LTC number and they have no mechanism to even know that someone applied prior to the expiration, thus no actual way to flag a person as "during grace period".

Another thing of importance is that both Jason and Ron Glidden confirmed that you can do anything else under the expired (grace period, assuming application done on time) LTC that you could do when it was valid (other than buy guns/ammo).

Mike, according to Jason, the MIRCS system will NOT allow a "proceed" on an expired LTC number and they have no mechanism to even know that someone applied prior to the expiration, thus no actual way to flag a person as "during grace period".

Another thing of importance is that both Jason and Ron Glidden confirmed that you can do anything else under the expired (grace period, assuming application done on time) LTC that you could do when it was valid (other than buy guns/ammo).

So basically people are punished because their system is poorly engineered? (It'd be pretty trivial for them to put a "RENEWAL PENDING" flag in mircs on someone's LTC record, which the PD effectively checks off when they receive a renewal app for someone. It would also help LEOs ID permits that are lawfully operating under the grace period.

-Mike

So basically people are punished because their system is poorly engineered? (It'd be pretty trivial for them to put a "RENEWAL PENDING" flag in mircs on someone's LTC record, which the PD effectively checks off when they receive a renewal app for someone. It would also help LEOs ID permits that are lawfully operating under the grace period.

-Mike

And why would they want to do that? [pot]

Back
Top Bottom