Firearm Possession in California

I live in MA and have an LTC. I also have an apartment in California. Can I take a handgun with me to California, keep it there in a locked container--of course, no concealed carry of any kind--in order to be able to take the gun with me to Utah a week later? I believe it is perfectly legal. However, if the states were reversed and my primary residence had been in California I wouldn't have been able to bring a firearm to the second residence in Massachusetts. In other words, I'm looking for a confirmation that Massachusetts is an aberration in the US because it requires a permit for a mere possession of an unloaded gun at home.

California doesn’t require a license to possess a firearm. If you are moving there then you do need to register the firearm with the DOJ if you are a new resident.

not quite gettin' the vibe here with this post. i think you're telling us how great california is and massachusetts sucks, right?

LOL. Well, despite fires all around the weather is usually nicer in California this time of the year. But I would have never received a CCP in the LA county, when I have an unrestricted LTC in MA.

The only high caps mags you can legally possess are those personally posessed in CA before the ban or acquired and possessed during the one week (approx) that the court order overturning the ban was in effect.
Keep gun hidden away, keep mouth shut. Jack.
Not advisable when checking a firearm for commercial air transport.

Back
Top Bottom