Firearm Comparison

I'm wondering how many people would be interested in aside by side comparison of some popular firearms.

I am talking about comparisons of trigger assemblies, barrels, bolt assemblies etc using high magnification, electron microscope, metallurgical analysis, hardness measurements, surface finish measurements, plating thickness, bore measurements etc.

Potentially even functional tests that apply stresses to the mechanisms and then disassemble and inspect for wear and tear.

This is then put into a PDF report and video for your enjoyment or informationto make a good purchase decision.

If you think this is a good idea let me know and also what firearms you would suggest comparing.

Last edited:
it could be a nice technical reference to a builder depending on how comprehensive said analysis actually is. however IMO for a wide public it will be just a mish-mash of numbers that have little to no sense in their decision making process.

as i see it people come to buy a product with preconception of need, price and popularity. combination of those factors makeup for them dos or don'ts

one must also not forget that a lot of people are not enough technically inclined and those that are, not necessarily at the level where such deep analysis per-requisite for a purchase.

Last edited:
yes, my first order: What's more awesome 9mm or 40 (foh-tay)? that should keep you busy.

In all seriousness, I don't see how the depth of plating would effect someone's purchasing decision. OMFG, Mak has .3 micron thicker plating!!! Same for a lot of other things.

In many respects, it's the combination of factors that makes a firearm better in some specific area, and even that is a judgement call. Have fun with AK vs AR analysis. To judge fidelity of parts or how well they are engineered, you need to be privy to the actual engineering process and the reason why those decisions were made. Again, this is highly debatable.

I can see that some, especially milsurp collectors would be interested in these: boroscope report, metal analysis. I was trying to find/ rent a metal analysis tool just for that. But then it's a limited market and people won't pay much to do it, so unless you already have access to say alloy analyzer, I just don't see a business here.

So here are some things I'd pay money for, compare chem composition of several parts/kits. That would be very interesting. I just don't see who else in their right mind would be interested.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how many people would be interested in aside by side comparison of some popular firearms.

I am talking about comparisons of trigger assemblies, barrels, bolt assembliesetc using high magnification, electron microscope, metallurgical analysis,hardness measurements, surface finish measurements, plating thickness, boremeasurements etc.

Potentially even functional tests that apply stresses to the mechanisms andthen disassemble and inspect for wear and tear.

This is then put into a PDF report and video for your enjoyment or informationto make a good purchase decision.

If you think this is a good idea let me know and also what firearms you would suggest comparing.

Look your talking to a bunch of gun enthusiast, if you were to mention a 1911 and glock in the same paragraph, the threads usualy get locked over a heated debate,

you could wright about a comparison of a AK vs AR vs a banana and we would read it........intently.........then show our friends.........even if they could care lesss

Last edited:
In all seriousness, maby you could start with some older rifles like a the mossen vs the mauser and enfield in a way its never been looked at before or something

Back
Top Bottom