Firearm Appraiser needed.

Big Daddy 45acp

Instructor
Looking for an appraiser that knows old German doubles. My brother has one in NH and finding any info is like pulling teeth.
Thanks!

To what end? Is it an estate thing, or just for the heck of it.

You may have a problem in that a lot of the European stuff is not as well known here, and there's no "established" market for them.

If you post some details ( gauge, maker, etc) and pix, you may be able to get a ballpark.

If you're looking for a "what can I sell it for" number, go see what KTP will put on the counter....it will be a low end, but realistic figure.

Also, if it's a 16, make sure to check the chambers, in case they're "short", meaning 2 9/16"

Salter can give you a good value but his prices appear to be high on his site.

As mentioned by Misterhappy, there just isn't much of a market out here for European doubles, especailly old ones. I've had to help determine value for a few old smoothbores and found that there is one website that might be helpful to you:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php

Check in there and take some good pictures and provide good info. They helped me a lot with some Italian Antonio Zoli models I had to sell. I've also learned a lot from the site in general. Up until that point, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out what I had. Turns out the shotguns I had were never designed for export to the States but were brought in as gifts. I never did get the top value for the things but did eventually find a buyer.

Shotguns can be worthless or be worth a ton but the market is really what sets the price. If someone tells you you've got a $2500 shotgun, that's all well and good but if you can't find anyone to buy it for that money, it's not worth it in the long run. So, the most important thing to do is find a market that can give you good exposure. You might even be better off selling it to a dealer who will simply add it to his inventory but, of course, at a reduced price from retail.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom