• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FIRE

MachineHead

NES Member
So here I was with my gf shooting at HSC by the 7 yard range and something happened at the 100yd range where this fire broke out. Don't know the cause, but it started off looking like the tire streaks in "Back to the Future"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461000289.754825.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461000590.976925.jpg

Last edited:
The range was pretty empty, maybe 5 of us at from the 7 to the 50yd line. Then there were some people down at the 100yd line from what I remember.

I'm hoping they weren't using tracer ammo or anything. There's a really good wind out here and tons of dry brush.

Hide the gunz..

The cops arrived and announce a cease fire. Everyone was already packing up as the FD arrived. There's no way anyone's shooting while the FD is on the hill.

I'm glad I had these Tasco mini binoculars in my range bag. I was gonna use them to see my targets from afar, but they came in handy today.

It wouldn't take much.. It'd take a 2-3 man crew to pull a hose to the top of the hill. And someone to turn it on.. You're not going to put out a forest fire, but you can slow it down and prevent it from spreading until the Pros get there.

Edit, some shovels and picks work well too to make a break.

So here I was with my gf shooting at HSC by the 7 yard range and something happened at the 100yd range where this fire broke out. Don't know the cause, but it started off looking like the tire streaks in "Back to the Future"

View attachment 164810
View attachment 164811

That was fun wasn't it. According to the guys at the 100, only ball ammo, no tracer. I'll upload my pics.

2f3dcb2fee8ee2f7237fc817bcec4bda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.weather.gov/box/

AREA FIRE WEATHER OFFICIALS ARE ADVISING OF ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER
POTENTIAL TUESDAY ACROSS EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND MUCH OF RHODE
ISLAND. THIS IS MAINLY DUE TO FINE FUELS WHICH ARE PARTICULARLY
DRY GIVEN OUR RECENT STRETCH OF DRY WEATHER. GUSTY WINDS MAY
DEVELOP LATE IN THE AFTERNOON...FURTHER ADDING TO THE RISK. PEOPLE
ARE URGED TO AVOID OPEN BURNING..IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. STAYED AWARE
OF LATER FORECASTS...WHICH MAY INCLUDE ADDITIONAL FIRE WEATHER
HEADLINES.

Same special weather warning from yesterday and tomorrow. Stuff is dry y'all.

Back
Top Bottom