Fiocchi small pistol primers?

headednorth

NES Member
Anyone use them? Any opinions good or bad? Ive never used them myself, saw theyre a better deal at I think $39 per 1500 brick, iirc. As long as theyre gtg that is...

Can't say I've ever used them as a component, but I never had grief with Fiocchi ammo (assuming they use their own primers in their ammo). Haven't heard much grief from other Fiocchi ammo shooters either.
I'd say get them and be glad you found primers in stock at a decent price. I think another round of ammo/component scarcity is developing...

Worst case: 1500 rounds of range ammo.

I haven't used them before. But guys I shoot with at IDPA matches have, and they told me they had a failure rate of one in every 200 primers or so. If you just shooting at the range and not competition then I don't see the big deal especially if they're cheaper.

I haven't used them before. But guys I shoot with at IDPA matches have, and they told me they had a failure rate of one in every 200 primers or so. If you just shooting at the range and not competition then I don't see the big deal especially if they're cheaper.
Good to know. I have a box that I'm going to use as my first for reloading (the store didn't have CCI). I'm setting up my press this week and hope to be able to try these with my 9mm in a week or two.

sent from my phone.

no problems. i have several bricks i bought when i couldn't get anything else a couple years ago. i got most at shooters outpost back then cause it was all they had left and there was no limit, lol. i was skiddish about using them but they're fine, shot a lot of 'em in 45 acp and i don't remember any issues with ignition, etc.

God to know, thanks for the replies. Ive yet go get off my ass and get into competition so im just punching paper at the club. Ill give these a try.

I will add/clarify that the guys I was referring to, use glocks with lighter springs. Again, I have no experience with them myself.

Fiocchi primers are a bit harder. They are good to check out your carry piece. If you can reliably touch those off, most defensive ammo will go fine. I had lighter strikes with a Glock 30(old striker spring + dirty channel) and I had no issues with federal box stuff.

I've used maybe 7 or 8K of the small pistol primers. They compare favorably to CCI and Winchester primers. My M&P9c had a hard time with the Russian primers but no trouble with the FIOCCI primers. No need to double strike anything.

I bought a 12,000 pack at Shooters Outpost. I've only used about 700 so far, but haven't had any issues loading or shooting.

The only annoying thing is that they come in 150ct sleeves, but the Dillon priming system is designed around 100ct intervals.

I got just 1200 from a Shooters Outpost. Haven't started reloading yet - setting up my Dillon. Thanks for the heads up on the quantity difference.

I bought a 12,000 pack at Shooters Outpost. I've only used about 700 so far, but haven't had any issues loading or shooting.

The only annoying thing is that they come in 150ct sleeves, but the Dillon priming system is designed around 100ct intervals.

Just get a couple of extra primer tubes and use 3 tubes for 2 sleeves of the primers. I have 5 or 6 of the small pistol tubes for my Dillon and I fill them all at once.

Just get a couple of extra primer tubes and use 3 tubes for 2 sleeves of the primers. I have 5 or 6 of the small pistol tubes for my Dillon and I fill them all at once.

Yep, exactly. I have been running a lot of small batch stuff with them so far doing load workups, so I think the inconvenience of not being able to dump them out in increments of 10 was more glaring than it would be for normal large batch stuff.

I've only made 40 test rounds so far, but the primers worked well during test firings. No issues. I'm f course this is my first reloading, so nothing to compare to, other than factory rounds.

Back
Top Bottom