• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finnish M39 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

55_grain

NES Member
A well-known C&R distributor has M39's Mosin-Nagants in stock from a private collection. Just FYI. [smile]

You won't ever touch your 91/30 again after you get one.

I'm severely tempted, but I am saving my pennies for a real Brown Bess at November's Amoskeag.

T

They're gonna be a over the place soon. Armory Woburn is going to be getting a bunch if anyone is looking to hand pick.

Good price on them. I got mine in the 90's it was mint with tags still on it. They got them from Pat Burns.

I was wondering about that. The timing was interesting, with Pat Burns sold out and these ones popping up. I guess I waited too long

Any idea how many of them there are? Watched the vid of them unloading them off the trailer and opening some of the crates/boxes. 120 to a box, if I heard correctly, less per crate. Couldnt tell how many boxes though.

I'm severely tempted, but I am saving my pennies for a real Brown Bess at November's Amoskeag.

T[/QUOTE

I am also looking to buy a Brown Bess, but the real ones are big bucks.What do you think of the IMA ones?

I'd love to own one of these. But with crammed space in the safe, already got 2 mosins, and spending a ton of money lately, I don't think I can grab one[angry]

T[/QUOTE

I am also looking to buy a Brown Bess, but the real ones are big bucks.What do you think of the IMA ones?

Not to hijack the thread, but the IMA ones are the Nepalese/EIC (East India Company) Third Model. They are half new parts for $1200. When I bought my 1812 M1795 at Amoskeag, an original Third Model British with a few problems went for only $750. There are already three listed for November, all Revolutionary Era Second Models, and should go for $1500-$2000. I'd rather put my money there. Funny thing in today's market, you can buy a Pedersoli reproduction for $1200.

T

I got the email too and all I could think was DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN YOU CRUNCHY FROG FIREARMS!!!!!!!

i just saw my just-arrived, fourth SKS at my LGS. Had to get one more, the first one wasn't as good as the second and third. The fourth one is in brand-new condition.

Anyway, guess I'll try and get one from each mfg.

Video is awesome. Now THAT'S a collection. WOW!

My post wasnt very clear the way I mixed the quotes from two guys. I got a pm from someone else about it so it wasnt just you.[grin]

+1 - not finding the distributor. Perhaps someone can PM?

I hope this doesn't come off as sounding prickish, because that is truly not my intent.

If you google 'Finnish M39' it is in the top 5 hits, and if you google 'Surplus C&R rifles' it is in the top 3.

You don't have to be an insider to find this stuff.

Last edited:
Whatever, its pretty common knowledge. If I did something wrong 30 lashes with a wet noodle. If you have your c&r, which I'm figuring you do if your buying this, then you know they are likely at one of the major c&r distributors.

Last edited:
My post wasn't aimed at you slap shot, it was just sort of a general comment. Every time one of these things pops up, a bunch of people have trouble finding them.

Back to the topic, these M39s do look very cool. If I wasn't paying two college tuitions and getting ready for a divorce, I'd have already ordered one. I'd have to sell a couple of my 91/30s or an SKS to fund one of these, and I don't know if I can bring myself to do that.

Looks like all but the standard selection is sold out.....

- - - Updated - - -

The worst of all the milsurp disease and infliction....... I suffer from brokeassitis.
Ugh

Yeah, I went back and forth yesterday, telling myself I dont really "need" one, but I wanted one. Ordered early this a.m.

Hell, I just ordered one as well.

I believe he said in the video that the reason for the handpicks running out was just that they were selling so fast that they didn't have time to do any more. It sounds like the whole batch is pretty nice anyway.

Now I have to figure out which of my babies to part with to fund this one. Maybe I'll just sell a case or two of ammo. I'm less attached to them.

I hope this doesn't come off as sounding prickish, because that is truly not my intent.

If you google 'Finnish M39' it is in the top 5 hits, and if you google 'Surplus C&R rifles' it is in the top 3.

You don't have to be an insider to find this stuff.

Interesting...

My search did not quite work like yours. After digging through ~the first five pages of hits and finding either useless information, spam pages, or 'sold out'; I figured it was time to go back to NES. Obviously I didn't know the vendor nor had I ever visited the site. I think that (edit- prior visits) has something to do with your successful hits vs. mine.

So yes, maybe you DO have to be an insider. Not to come off as prickish... [smile]

I would expect no less from NES.

Another edit- I just ditched Chrome for Firefox, probably something to do with that. I was having problems with NES features on Chrome for this specific laptop, thus the change. Anyway, the search was crap...

Last edited:
These are going quickly. Only the VKT standards are available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom