Finishing an 80% lower

Most people probably wouldn’t register it as an “AR15”, so unless the AG wants to check out in person, they really won’t know what it is.

That's right, the model is "single shot rifle model 1", it's a name not a description.

You can send FA-10 and it would be an admission to Mora that you completed a rifle despite her edict. Balsy, but not a good idea.

People have registered stripped lowers that were bought before
Most people probably wouldn’t register it as an “AR15”, so unless the AG wants to check out in person, they really won’t know what it is.

True. I do know people who registered stripped lowers they had bought pre 7/20. with those someone could look up the serial # and at least see it was made and shipped before 7/20 or go back to the FFL that it originally shipped to. So, you might have more coverage for having bought it before the ban.

I have looked long and hard on this. I have studied every reference I can find about requiring a serial number on a self manufactured firearm. The cogent legal principle is it must not have been manufactured with the "intent" to sell it.

The serial number "requirement" if you sell it comes down to an ATF suggestion you do so to aid law enforcement. It is not a requirement. It would seem to be inadvisable to act in any manner they(the ATF) can construe as intent to sell as a motive to manufacture.

If you DIY and then some "reasonable" time later decide to part with it there is no legal requirement to add serial number name and location from a federal law standpoint but California and possibly other states have their own requirements....and fortunately we don't. Risk tolerance comes into play. If it is capable of shooting a bullet(or can be made so with only minor repair) you have 7 days to EFA-10. You can easily do that without a serial number as the form will accept "none" in the serial number blank.

This is my understanding as well. IANAL YMMV

Why does someone just register a lower reciever and not actually have it and see what happens , i betcha no law suit. Make a documentation of it that you're registering a item you don't have , unless the xrooxked stated of MA considered that a felony. Oepsie registered something x mistake on something i don't actually own , mistakes happen

Why does someone just register a lower reciever and not actually have it and see what happens , i betcha no law suit. Make a documentation of it that you're registering a item you don't have , unless the xrooxked stated of MA considered that a felony. Oepsie registered something x mistake on something i don't actually own , mistakes happen

Make sure he doesn't own a dog.

There must be a bolt operated ar15? Easy mistake to make. SA vs bolt.

Make sure he doesn't own a dog.

There must be a bolt operated ar15? Easy mistake to make. SA vs bolt.

Yep like i said , desired results has been met FFL stop selling them , if the courts say it's unconstitutional then she still had them not selling them for that long , if it goes to court and she wins it's both a win situation for her mind . Actually going after someone i doubt they're activity looking for anyone it might then open a can of worms

You’re “someone”, get on it.

i don't have to worry about any registering , dual residence. but how is it a felony when you register something that you don't actually have by mistake ?

Making an honest mistake happens.

But I'd be shocked if it were not illegal to to lie on an fa10 and posting about it in advance makes it a little difficult to claim "oops".

Maura would probably PREFER to prosecute someone for intentionally lying on an official form rather than for "registering" an ar15. One is a slam dunk while the other opens up the can of worms she doesn't want opened.

But I'd be shocked if it were not illegal to to lie on an fa10 and posting about it in advance makes it a little difficult to claim "oops".

Maura would probably PREFER to prosecute someone for intentionally lying on an official form rather than for "registering" an ar15. One is a slam dunk while the other opens up the can of worms she doesn't want opened.

perhaps, we won't know until someone does it

There was a case in NY (I think) where someone had a vanity plate NOPLATE. When meter maids issued tickets for cars without plates, they entered NOPLATE in the box for license plate number. Guess what happened?

I suppose something similar could happen if they ever find a gun with serial number NONE. I am tempted to have a 1911 built with serial number N0NE (digit 0 for the second character, as BATFE requires at least one digit), or perhaps N0TAGUN.

I thought about registering an 80% lower to see what would happen..

I randomly bought an 80% lower, which resides in NH. Did no research so I don’t know if jigs are generic, or specific to that manufacturer. Didn’t have a plan as I have zero other parts.

So might have purchased an expensive paperweight.

I randomly bought an 80% lower, which resides in NH. Did no research so I don’t know if jigs are generic, or specific to that manufacturer. Didn’t have a plan as I have zero other parts.

I’m in NH and have little harbor freight mill and jig if you ever decide to say f*** you Maura lol

If not, I’ll happily give you $25 for it. I have a draw full but damn PSA. $259 for their normally $509 AR Pistol kit.

Jigs are a convenience. Measure four or five times and drill once as steadily as possible. It'll work.

Except illegal immigrants applying and lying for fed/stat forms

Back
Top Bottom