• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fingerprints required for CT Non Resident Renewal?

Hello,

I wanted to see if someone could help answer this question for me since I'm unable to reach anyone at the CT SLU.

What is required for me to renew my CT Non Resident Permit? Is it just the Application (Notarized), Passport Photo, Letter of Authorization, and Payment right?

Thanks

I haven’t haven’t had to renew my CT non-resident permit yet. As an alternate point of contact, you might try MFS since they teach a Connecticut LTC class and provide fingerprinting and application materials as part of that class.

Is it just the Application (Notarized), Passport Photo, Letter of Authorization, and Payment right?

Application (notarized) - yes
Passport Photo - yes
Letter of Authorization - huh?
Payment - yes
Missing from your list:
Proof of legal and lawful presence - your "letter of authorization"?
and a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope

1. Out-of-state pistol permits may be renewed by mail. Effective 10/01/11, in-state renewals may also be completed by mail. 2. Confirm the accuracy of the information on DPS-129-C. If corrections are required, draw a single line through any incorrect information and write in the correct information. Sign the corrected form in the presence of a notary prior to mailing. 3. Using transparent tape, attach a 2” x 2” color passport photo, taken within the previous six (6) months, in the box provided. 4. Include a $70.00 check or money order made payable to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut.” Do not send cash. 4. Proof of legal and lawful presence in the United States is required. Acceptable forms of proof include a birth certificate, U.S. passport, or documentation of permanent residence from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Do not send originals. 5. Include a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope.

Source: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/CSP/files/DPS-769-C.pdf

I renewed mine a couple of months ago, no fingerprints need to be resent. The form they send you for renewal is very clear on what you need to send.

My local bank notarized the form free of charge. No idea what the letter of authorization is, did not send that.

Thank you all very much.

The "Proof of legal and lawful presence" is what I mistakenly referred to as my "letter of authority". My apologies.

I sincerely appreciate the advice.

If you're renewing then that should not be needed, you provided that when you first applied.
Thanks.

Each state does their own thing so I just wanted to plan it out/prepare.

Florida requires prints for my non resident renewal.

My resident Maryland Permit only needs prints for the initial permit.

I just renewed again, no fingerprints needed. Keep in mind they are very backlogged and slow, took a few months for me to get my renewal back.

Back
Top Bottom