• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fingerprint help please

Adding ... why don't you call and ask if it is a must to have a PD do the prints since most seem to only do it for gov work in MA?

When I got my FL LTC, I forgot to bring my passport, they said that was OK they would send me an Email so I can provide a pic, instead they processed my license without ever asking for a passport. Maybe my MA LTC was enough proof of citizenship?

Anyway, they seem to be pretty cool about it and have enough people out of State applying that they have an idea of what goes on in other States.

At least my experience was that they are not a**holes like many in MA. They are not out there trying to deny as many people as possible.

Last edited:
Adding ... why don't you call and ask if it is a must to have a PD do the prints since most seem to only do it for gov work in MA?

When I got my FL LTC, I forgot to bring my passport, they said that was OK they would send me an Email so I can provide a pic, instead they processed my license without ever asking for a passport. Maybe my MA LTC was enough proof of citizenship?

Anyway, they seem to be pretty cool about it and have enough people out of State applying that they have an idea of what goes on in other States.

At least my experience was that they are not a**holes like many in MA. They are not out there trying to deny as many people as possible.
This is right on the application and fingerprint card they, will not accept anything other than a law enforcement agency.
I will give them a call and see if there’s any other alternatives but I don’t think they’re going to care. By March 10th I will have been expired for 180 days and will then need to complete a current hunter safety course and still need fingerprints. Someone had mentioned driving down and it’s 500 miles each way about 20 hours travel time give or take from where I am at in Tennessee right now for a couple more days. It would cost me roughly $300 in gas. If all else fails I will fly down make an appointment and do it somewhere near the end of February In Tampa near Iverness where I have a friend that can pick me up and help me out. Airfare it would be about as much money as the gas and a lot less time.

img

IMG_20230124_190057427_2.jpg

Friends, a couple, planning on spending some vacation time in FL. Same deal. Can't get a print card done. Called all around and no luck. They live in Woburn. They own a real estate and commercial property management company in Woburn. Husband gets pissed off and calls the Chief of Police in Woburn and bitches. Chief apologies and says I'll have some call you later today to get the prints done. That was this week.

With Florida going to constitutional carry on July 1st the non-resident permit thing is not really a problem

buying a house down here
where?

wife and i keep rotating those discussions, but, i am totally out of touch now price wise and location wise, of what happened down there in last 5 years.

I just renewed mine when I was down there In March, no wait, no appointment. 20 minutes in and out(New Port Richey)

where?

wife and i keep rotating those discussions, but, i am totally out of touch now price wise and location wise, of what happened down there in last 5 years.
Beverly Hills, 2150 square foot 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 1500 square foot garage with a full bath and a 15 X 28 pool on an acre abutting 7 acres of conservation land on 2 sides. $600,000

Many states will not do reciprocity with non-resident licenses. Florida for example does not recognize a Massachusetts license nor a non-resident New Hampshire license. Many of the states that recognize Florida's license are now constitutional carry states.

Except for the reciprocity thing.
I think with Florida going con carry getting Utah vs Florida for reciprocity covers the same extra states, is cheaper, and prints can be done by anyone qualified. (You still need the Utah class which a few places in MA do and will often do your prints for you)

Authorizes person to carry concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to do so or meets specified requirements; requires person who is carrying concealed weapon or firearm without license to carry identification & display upon demand by law enforcement; prohibits person who is carrying concealed weapon or firearm without license from carrying such weapon or firearm in specified locations; authorizes nonresident to carry concealed weapon or firearm in this state if he or she meets same requirements as resident; requires Office of Safe Schools to develop behavioral threat management operational process

So, if you are in TN (even temporarily) why look for MA places to print? Why not check out someone in TN?
If you read my previous posts, I was only in Tennessee for a few days, and I tried every agency within an hour of where I was and no one would do it. I ended up going and visiting a friend of mine in Florida before the six month expired time had passed, and it was taken care of quickly and easily, except for the cost of the trip, which I didn’t need to take except for to renew the license.

It’s all good now I have my license renewed in my pocket. And within a couple of months, I will have to change the address to a residence address as I am now moving to Florida.

No, I think I miss interpreted Alien's post.
I now think that he is talking about him going to other states while he is a Florida resident.
Even as a non-resident, the Florida permit is excepted in many states. Even with constitutional carry, I will probably still be renewing my Florida permit as a resident Just for the reset prosperity in other states, as I travel to visit friends.

Back
Top Bottom