Fingerprint help please

I live in Brockton and have tried Brockton police, Plymouth county sheriffs office and all the surrounding towns and no law enforcement agency will do my prints for my Florida concealed weapons. License. My license expired 4 months ago (I was my fathers sole care giver and he needed 24/7 care so have not been able to address this until now). I am in Tennessee and am unable to find anyone here to do them. I have been unable to get an appointment with the Florida department of agriculture or tax office within 10 hours of here for the few days I am here.

can anyone help me get a set of ink prints taken for me? I will pay for your time or make a donation to your or the departments charity of choice. If I can’t get this done in the next month I will need to take another safety course and would still need prints. I am willing to travel an hour or two to get this done.

thanks
Mark

Its pretty simple to do yourself too if Florida will accept that, cheap too.

I have been unable to get an appointment with the Florida department of agriculture or tax office within 10 hours of here for the few days I am here.

I am surprised. I was in Florida in October and they had appointments every day starting at 8am.

I got mine done near Tampa, in and out in roughly 20minutes at 8am.

I did mine near Brandon, East of Tampa.

For MA ... paging @CrackPot I believe they do prints at the Mill.

At least when I last renewed, @Len-2A Training is right - must be LEO.

OP - Medford did mine when I renewed my FL. Just called and they said to come in. I was a resident, and it was before COVID, but it can't hurt to try them.

It sounds like you're in FL right now. Maybe you can call a local PD, lay out your situation, and beg for their helpful pity?

OP - Medford did mine when I renewed my FL. Just called and they said to come in. I was a resident, and it was before COVID, but it can't hurt to try them.

It sounds like you're in FL right now. Maybe you can call a local PD, lay out your situation, and beg for their helpful pity?
IIRC, FL requires that prints be taken by a LEO and must put down the agency name and contact info as well.

My prints were taken by a clerk at the department of agriculture, not a police officer.

said departments is also the one that for some reason gives out the licenses.

My prints were taken by a clerk at the department of agriculture, not a police officer.

that makes sense. it sounded like he was having trouble finding time with the Dept of Ag.

The private fingerprinting services are great. Sure the cost a few bucks but otherwise you wait extended amounts of time for your local PD. Especially since the whole Covid crap happened.

I live in Brockton and have tried Brockton police, Plymouth county sheriffs office and all the surrounding towns and no law enforcement agency will do my prints for my Florida concealed weapons. License. My license expired 4 months ago (I was my fathers sole care giver and he needed 24/7 care so have not been able to address this until now). I am in Tennessee and am unable to find anyone here to do them. I have been unable to get an appointment with the Florida department of agriculture or tax office within 10 hours of here for the few days I am here.

can anyone help me get a set of ink prints taken for me? I will pay for your time or make a donation to your or the departments charity of choice. If I can’t get this done in the next month I will need to take another safety course and would still need prints. I am willing to travel an hour or two to get this done.

thanks
Mark
Adding ...

You said within 10hrs of TN. I don't know where in TN you are so I used Nashville. Tampa is 10.5hrs, Tallahassee is closer.

Both have renewal appointments available. Tallahassee this week, Tampa in February.

For the amount of money it will cost to drive + hotel, might as well get on one of the daily flights. The Tampa office is very close to the airport. Fly in the morning, get an appointment at noon in case of delays, fly back in the afternoon.

Screenshot_20230123_115517_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230123_115602_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

I distinctly recall because the officer who did my prints for FL last time refused to write down the department and location. I ended up writing that part in myself.

That's an exception since they issue the FL licenses. Out of state, it must be a LE agency.

My town offered up a ton of excuses, and put me off. The State Police did it as a walk in.

I am surprised. I was in Florida in October and they had appointments every day starting at 8am.

I got mine done near Tampa, in and out in roughly 20minutes at 8am.

I did mine near Brandon, East of Tampa.

For MA ... paging @CrackPot I believe they do prints at the Mill.
Most tax collector offices will do it too in fl

That’s what we did today while we were out and about. 3 said no. 1 said we can give you an appointment until he saw it was for a gun license. Sign on the wall said we do not do prints for gun licenses, they couldn’t explain why?

we have a few places to go tomorrow in the opposite direction so if we pass by any law enforcement agencies we will try. Not being a TN resident isn’t helping?

That’s what we did today while we were out and about. 3 said no. 1 said we can give you an appointment until he saw it was for a gun license. Sign on the wall said we do not do prints for gun licenses, they couldn’t explain why?

we have a few places to go tomorrow in the opposite direction so if we pass by any law enforcement agencies we will try. Not being a TN resident isn’t helping?
Good luck.

Yes if you go to a regional department of agriculture they will do prints and pictures as the department of agriculture issues the licenses for Florida. Tax offices also will do the same. The department of agriculture is 9+ hours away and the tax office which is 8 hours away (and they have no appointments available for the time I need).

I came to Tennessee to visit some friends and pick this up.

IMG_20230122_111100957_HDR.jpg

going to Florida would most likely cost me two days. I don’t plan on being here for an additional two days to be able to accomplish this. This is why I asked if anyone knows somewhere local in mass that could accommodate me that is a law enforcement agency as Florida requires. The drive down for me was also a little difficult. So on the way home I’m going to do it in two days as opposed to one day like when I drove down. There is definitely more to the story that I’m willing to post at the moment. Taking care of my dad in my life has been very difficult the last few years and I am disabled with 2 destroyed shoulders.

Thank you for all the replies and trying to help if anyone has additional information I would appreciate it.

Yes if you go to a regional department of agriculture they will do prints and pictures as the department of agriculture issues the licenses for Florida. Tax offices also will do the same. The department of agriculture is 9+ hours away and the tax office which is 8 hours away (and they have no appointments available for the time I need).

I came to Tennessee to visit some friends and pick this up.

IMG_20230122_111100957_HDR.jpg

going to Florida would most likely cost me two days. I don’t plan on being here for an additional two days to be able to accomplish this. This is why I asked if anyone knows somewhere local in mass that could accommodate me that is a law enforcement agency as Florida requires. The drive down for me was also a little difficult. So on the way home I’m going to do it in two days as opposed to one day like when I drove down. There is definitely more to the story that I’m willing to post at the moment. Taking care of my dad in my life has been very difficult the last few years and I am disabled with 2 destroyed shoulders.

Thank you for all the replies and trying to help if anyone has additional information I would appreciate it.
You certainly don't owe me an explanation. I've never held a non resident FL ccw so as far as I knew what I did was what people did. Good luck!

Boston police HQ cost $5.
Thanks for trying but as someone else posted Boston residents only.

Services can be obtained at the:

Boston Police Headquarters
Licensing Division/ Public Service Unit 1st Floor
One Schroeder Plaza,
Boston, MA 02120

Main Phone: 617-343-4633
Fax #: 617-343-5106

Pricing is $5.00 per card.

MUST BE A CITY OF BOSTON RESIDENT

I bet with the machines not all places have old school print cards and even a moist ink pad. That being said, they can print you on the machine and print off hard copies

Back
Top Bottom