Fingerprint FU

LLF

NES Member
A friend applied for a LTC in Boston. He was interviewed and fingerprinted in early May 2021.
He called BPD two days ago to find out where his license might be. He was told his application was "on hold" because he had been fingerprinted by the FBI.
The reason? He emigrated from England back in the 1950s and became a US citizen in the 1970s. When he got his green card and citizenship he was routinely fingerprinted by the FBI as part of the naturalization and citizenship process. But this set off "alarms" and his license application was suspended. He has no criminal record.
Moral of the story is: if you are applying for a LTC and you have been fingerprinted by a government agency for a non-criminal matter, make sure you follow up on your LTC application.

The licensing system in Boston is hopelessly dysfunctional. The kid who told my friend that his license application was on hold because of the FBI fingerprints has no understanding that people are routinely fingerprinted for entirely civil (as opposed to criminal) purposes. I was fingerprinted when my wife & I adopted our children.
Worst of all, BPD seemed to have no intention of informing my friend that his application was not being processed. If he hadn't called it would have gone nowhere.
My advice to anyone applying in Boston is keep contacting them and stay on top of the situation. Absolutely do NOT trust that you will be treated fairly or that BPS will necessarily do the right thing.

I was adopted and fingerprinted during naturalization as well. No issues on my end when I went LTC. But I was a baby during naturalization, so maybe that's the difference.

Back
Top Bottom