Fine. A Spyderco Knife Thread...

I would post the question over on the Spyderco forum on their website but jesus christ what a bunch of insufferable fanboys. I don't know why I ever leave NES.

The handles are some sort of aluminum. I'm going to drop some lube in it and try to get it worked in. I'm not that used to backlock knives - the Native I picked up recently is also very stiff - but I figure the blade should at least swing freely with the lockbar depressed. The Native does that, the Ayoob isn't close.
Maybe a drop or two of rubbing alcohol first followed by some blade movements. Might break up the dried lube that is in there...?

Ooh! I like the looks of this...

At $37.80 (satin) and $41.30 (black)

Spyderco Bow River for sale - Blade HQ
1608343846843.png
1608343873828.png
1608343900626.png

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Overall Length:8.14"
  • Blade Length:4.40"
  • Cutting Edge:3.80"
  • Blade Width:1.00"
  • Blade Thickness:0.12"
  • Blade Material:8Cr13MoV
  • Blade Style: Trailing Point
  • Blade Grind: Flat
  • Finish: Black
  • Edge Type: Plain
  • Handle Length:3.74"
  • Handle Width:1.00"
  • Handle Thickness:0.70"
  • Handle Material:G-10
  • Color: Gray, OD Green
  • Weight:3.90 oz.
  • User: Right Hand, Left Hand
  • Sheath: Leather
  • Knife Type: Fixed Blade
  • Brand: Spyderco
  • Model: Bow River
  • Model Number:FB46GPODBK
  • Designer: Phil Wilson
  • Country of Origin: China
  • Best Use: Camp/Hike, Hunting
  • Product Type: Knife

Last edited:
My Spydies...

I have more Spydercos than any other brand. They quickly became my favorite production knife brand. Quality on all of them has been top notch, and I love that they take chances with designs and pair with custom knife designers...they are like the brother who became an artist vs the brother that's an accountant (Benchmade). Plus the spydie hole is my favorite deployment method. And the compression lock is second only to the axis lock IMO.

Plus I love Sal G. Such an approachable guy who knows his stuff.

(I put the Dragonfly in my wife's stocking this year...she's lefty)

20210105_082921.jpg

Two arrivals today; bought them as a bundle from Bento Box Shop for $201: Spyderco PM3 w/black G10 grips / Spyderco Lil' Matriarch w/blue FRN

Spyderco_Jan2021.jpg

I am a big fan of Kydex neck sheaths for my Spyderco knives. There are a few vendors on Ebay but the Knives that they make sheaths for are limited. I found: LinosSheathworks recently and ordered sheaths for my Endura, Matriach II, and a replacement for my worn out Yojimbo 2 sheath (purchased from a different company). They have arrived and they are top quality with a good fit.

Check them out. They have many different knife brands beside Spyderco.
Highly recommended. [party]

Nice knives. Is that an aftermarket deep carry pocket clip on the Delica. If so, could you tell me if you are happy with it and also where it came from? A Delica is one of my general use knives, but the clip could stand to be upgraded. Thanks.
Thanks.
I bought it on Etsy from Blade4sell. He was on ebay as well. Great work. I am going to be selling the Delica with that clip, pardon the shameless plug.

My Spydies...

I have more Spydercos than any other brand. They quickly became my favorite production knife brand. Quality on all of them has been top notch, and I love that they take chances with designs and pair with custom knife designers...they are like the brother who became an artist vs the brother that's an accountant (Benchmade). Plus the spydie hole is my favorite deployment method. And the compression lock is second only to the axis lock IMO.

Plus I love Sal G. Such an approachable guy who knows his stuff.

(I put the Dragonfly in my wife's stocking this year...she's lefty)

View attachment 431654

I'm surprised how much I ended up loving my Dragonfly. It's so dinky and looks like it would be useless, but if I'm being completely honest, it gets the most daily use out of any knife I own. I EDC it over my Tenacious now.

I'm surprised how much I ended up loving my Dragonfly. It's so dinky and looks like it would be useless, but if I'm being completely honest, it gets the most daily use out of any knife I own.

Least surprising story ever.

My daily use knife is a Delica, which is the ugliest knife that I have ever loved. But a little secret among those of us who like slightly larger knives is that most everyday tasks are done with the tip 1" of the blade, or even 1/2". I end up sharpening my knife when the tip is too dull for my liking, and very often the back half of the blade is still razor sharp at that point.

A small blade, if it is very sharp, is still an extremely useful tool.

Least surprising story ever.

My daily use knife is a Delica, which is the ugliest knife that I have ever loved. But a little secret among those of us who like slightly larger knives is that most everyday tasks are done with the tip 1" of the blade, or even 1/2". I end up sharpening my knife when the tip is too dull for my liking, and very often the back half of the blade is still razor sharp at that point.

A small blade, if it is very sharp, is still an extremely useful tool.

I'm still surprised. Even if the last 1" of the tip is the most used part of any knife, meaning this 2.5" knife is more than adequate, the form factor is still a huge part of its usefulness. My initial thought is that even with a nice small blade, the diminutive handle will render this blade useless. That turned out to be far from the truth. It holds surprisingly well, and the jimping on the spine is quite functional. My only complaint is that the wire clip would come loose very easily before I loctited it.

I'm surprised how much I ended up loving my Dragonfly. It's so dinky and looks like it would be useless, but if I'm being completely honest, it gets the most daily use out of any knife I own. I EDC it over my Tenacious now.
The dragonfly is a gem for sure. For such a small and thin knife, the ergos are just so darn good. My wife still EDCs it every day, and I'm always on the lookout for a deal on another one for myself!

That middle one is awesome(r).
That's an Ikuchi. It's an odd bird for sure, but they managed to fit a flipper tab and a compression lock in a super pocket friendly package and also give it as much sharpened blade length as the PM2 Fantastic engineering and build quality!

Back
Top Bottom