Fine. A Spyderco Knife Thread...

and yes, I am partial to the Spyderedge serrations...
I've never owned a full-length serrated blade. I have a few combos but those are all fixed blades.

Could you describe your main decision on choosing a fully serrated blade, how you use it and how you maintain it?
~Enbloc

Doug M. on the karambit as in the Karahawk:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7TPa1eQ8w

I've never owned a full-length serrated blade. I have a few combos but those are all fixed blades.

Could you describe your main decision on choosing a fully serrated blade, how you use it and how you maintain it?
~Enbloc
My original Endura had a Spyderedge and that and the hole made the knife interesting. It was also my first locking blade and it was super easy to open with one hand.
Once it is sharp, it doesn't get used for cutting everyday $hit, just for emergency use. That is why, like a good French Militia man from the colonial times, I sometimes carry three knives (always two)...
" Knives (Couteaux)were commonly carried, one hanging around the neck, one at the waist in the sash, and one attached on the outside of the leg in the leg tie."

Deep cover neck sheathed Yojimbo 2 or Military, waved Endura in the left pants pocket (Glock 27 in the right so left pocket it is) for easy access and a little zipper pull knife on my jacket in the winter for actually cutting stuff. I guess I have to work on the leg carry. [laugh] I love the Yojimbo 2 but the rivit in the kydex neck sheath is wearing out... It has a plain blade. The Ronin maybe better than the Yojimbo 2 but drawing it (fixed blade/open) is a slightly more scary endeavor. [shocked]

a little slow in here today, understandable.

a little fun fact regarding the delica wharncliffe pictured below. some die hard fans may know of it. this is just a quick abridged version.
1606420974227.png
the knife was the idea of a forum member, just a regular guy. he posted how on his job he used his delica to breakdown boxes and he wasn't happy with the performance. wishing out loud, he was hoping spyderco would make the delica with a wharncliffe blade someday. word got to sal through one of the spyderco ladies who monitor the forum and he got an answer. pretty much what did he have in mind? and could he put together a few design sketches, which he did. i know a few prototypes were sent to him so they could be tested. iirc, the engineers were tweaking blade thickness and mass but from what i understand, it came back to the original design in the end. they took it to production and it's still cataloged. spyderco took one of the first production knives, had it engraved, and gave it to the designer. i believe the guy still posts on the forum. there was talk of making a wave version also but i don't know if one came about. i never saw one.

Love the story Mr. Green Cobra!

Also, I have decided on my first Spyderco knife and it is not the Native 5 Light Weight I first wanted.

I ordered a Para 3 Light Weight from BladeHQ last night...
Made in Colorado, USA, Earth. $98
1606441795776.png

So where does everyone buy their Spyderco Knives from? Internet/Brick & Mortar/catalog?

If internet, who has the best selection/price/customer service...?

Thanks,
~Enbloc

@enbloc, spyderco limits their dealers to map pricing. pretty much doesn't matter who you buy from the pricing is the same, or very close. last i checked even walmart doesn't discount spyderco products. you can watch the discontinued sections at different dealers sites and you find the deals there.

So where does everyone buy their Spyderco Knives from? Internet/Brick & Mortar/catalog?

If internet, who has the best selection/price/customer service...?

Thanks,
~Enbloc
Ebay
9000+ Spyderco listings. Here from highest price:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom