• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally!!!!

This was the longest wait time out of all my permits

Ken,

Ours wasn't that different. My wife and I applied about the same time as you and received only days apart. One wouldn't think that Maine State PD was so busy...

NH, by way of reference, was within a Month. Go figure.

Just a question though... our permits arrived with the signature script across our foreheads. I'm assuming that the licenses were inspected for quality by ME State PD before mailing. If they didn't find anything wrong...nor should I... despite the top 1/3 of our faces being MIA. What did your permit look like with respect to the signature strip???

-ed

Last edited:
were your checks cashed right when they were issued or was there a delay from the time it was cashed to the issue date? My check was cashed last month so I'm trying to figure out when I'll get mine.

Our constable issues them here in Limerick. Kind of funny really. I wish I had the laminated card like before though, as mine is kind of a joke, a piece of paper with his writting on it basically, sort of formal looking, but not terribly official.

Yeah now that I think of it, I applied for my ME permit about 5 weeks ago and still nothing......

why do they take so long? Weird for sure....

I sent my application on Mar.3. My check cleared Apr.1. Permit arrived on May 23 with issue date of 5/23/2008. So far so good. However, my birth date on the permit was in error by 30 years (I would love to be 32 again!). So I called the number for the MSP and left a message. This was on a Friday afternoon before a 3 day holiday weekend so, I didn't expect to hear anything until Tuesday. First thing (9:15) Tuesday I got a call from a very pleasant woman at the MSP. She told me to send the permit back and it would be fixed. I mailed it that morning and figured another 3 months would go by before I would get it back. My new (corrected) permit arrived yesterday. A 6 day turn-around is OK with me. Money is 1 reason that Maine is so slow. The state is in a financial crisis and is cutting costs everywhere. They are so slow processing permits because they are understaffed. Be patient. If "your papers are in order", you'll get your permit. The time line for mine was what I had expected based on postings on this forum.
Charlie

were your checks cashed right when they were issued or was there a delay from the time it was cashed to the issue date? My check was cashed last month so I'm trying to figure out when I'll get mine.

I mailed mine out on a Wednesday and the check was showing cashed by Monday...

hey guys, nice to see yall talking about it.

May i ask, i can get a ccw now at age of 20 right? But still cant purchase handgun from stores because i'm not 21 yet. am i right? damn it, it doesnt make sense!

hey guys, nice to see yall talking about it.

May i ask, i can get a ccw now at age of 20 right? But still cant purchase handgun from stores because i'm not 21 yet. am i right? damn it, it doesnt make sense!

I think you can get a Maine CCW at age 18....you would have to get your handgun through a private sale/transfer though..or be gifted it...

Back
Top Bottom