• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally, working scope and a decent grouping

Well, after wondering if I had no shooting skills, then wondering if my Springfield Armory SOCOM II was broken, I finally figured out that my new scope was defective and had a loose lens. So I sent it back, and upgraded to something with more magnification, and I'm super happy. I got the IOR Valdada 2-12x32mm scope, which has a 35mm tube. I talked to manufacturer for a while, and we decided on the second lowest rings, which place the scope nice and low for decent cheek weld (so low in fact I had to remove the rear sight to clear the the rear bell). It has mil-lines, side paralax focus, and is illuminated to boot, seems very nice to me. Sporting Butler Creek flip up lens covers.

ior1.jpg

ior2.jpg

ior3.jpg

ior4.jpg

ior5.jpg

I know that 2 MOA groups at 100m aren't amazing, but we have to keep in mind that it is a 16" barrel, 6 lbs USGI stock trigger, windy day, and I am a bad shot. I hope to improve on it a little, but I'm pretty much ecstatic with it as it is. I used 168gr hollow-point boat-tail Federal Match ammo.

Last edited:
That is hot. Every time you post that it makes me want to sway from the Sqaud Scout, as if I could find either right now. Glad it is in working order for you!

Back
Top Bottom