• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally Upgraded to Dillon XL 650

I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and upgraded from a Lee Loadmaster to a Dillon XL 650. I feel like a traded in a Honda Civic for a Mercedes S500.

I’ve been loading on a Loadmaster for a few years and the unreliability of the priming system has been driving me nuts for the last year, as I’ve transitioned into more of a marathon reloader. Last night, I reloaded my first 100 rounds of 9mm on the 650 and every primer was seated perfectly. If I had used my old Loadmaster, at least 5 rounds would’ve either incorrectly seated a primer or not seated at all.

Bottom line I’m extremely satisfied with this upgrade. I know some people complain that from a cost perspective, cheaper progressives can crank out the same ammo. As a reloader who had a cheaper progressive, I say if you’re serious about reloading and see yourself reloading for the foreseeable future, spend the extra money and get a Dillon 650 with the casefeeder.

Unfortunately no pic of everything setup, only the boxes. In addition to the accessories shown, I've also installed the Dillon XL 650 Spent Primer Upgrade and Dillon XL 650 Missed LIVE Primer Chute (Ski Jump Fix) sold by "subinc" on eBay, as well as, an LED light strip.

dillon.jpg

Was just searching for one myself! Good job. I have had it with the Lee Amateur 1000! Was good for the first 4K but now its a nightmare. Where did you get the 650?

Was just searching for one myself! Good job. I have had it with the Lee Amateur 1000! Was good for the first 4K but now its a nightmare. Where did you get the 650?

If it's not too far of a ride for you, head up to Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett, NH. They carry all the Dillon products for a discount to what they sell for on Dillon's website. They have the 650 for $525, which includes a caliber conversion kit, but be sure to call to which they have in stock. They also have casefeeders for $165, but does not include a plate. If Shooter's doesn't have what you need, head down the road to Riley's, they carry all the Dillon products too, but for the same price on the Dillon website.

If it's not too far of a ride for you, head up to Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett, NH. They carry all the Dillon products for a discount to what they sell for on Dillon's website. They have the 650 for $525, which includes a caliber conversion kit, but be sure to call to which they have in stock. They also have casefeeders for $165, but does not include a plate. If Shooter's doesn't have what you need, head down the road to Riley's, they carry all the Dillon products too, but for the same price on the Dillon website.

Try Rileys first...Shooters is good...Rileys stocks a lot more Dillon stuff.

Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett, NH. ...They have the 650 for $525,

Be very careful, I bought my 650 there with .223 configuration and got screwed, it was not marked and it rang up $545. Jim, who I think was the manager/owner, didn't see the need to do anything about it. I wasn't in the mood to return and rebuy the 9mm one they also had on the floor for $525 so I just sucked it up.

Their prices on Dillon are a lot less than Riley's and they seem to have more stock of the Dillon accessories.

Chris

I picked up one with the 9mm Conversion kit for $525, but they did have ones in a .223 and .308 kits, didn't see if those came with a premium.

Back
Top Bottom