• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally shot a rifle after more than 3 months...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Well with the move, life, and the heat I've stuck with pistols so far. Since they forecast a cooler day today, I thought I'd take a rifle. Boy, someone got it wrong; it touched 91F during the drive and it was 86F at the range. The rifle sweated, I sweated, and I'll go change my shirt in a minute. Since I've a large WW2 event the beginning of September, I brought my zf-41 and 45 rounds of '53 Yugo surplus. One double tap and three skip-bangs. I don't know where my range scope is, so I walked down the 100 yard range at 5 and 15 rounds. I was shooting 8:00 in the 8/ 9-ring, so I covered the target with the front sight and started hitting green. Instead of trying to re-sight this beast, I'll dial the elevation to 200M and we should be fine. With all my injuries, thank God I can still play - and this little 1.5X scout scope makes it much easier.

t
IMG_5126.jpg qualified-betelgeuse-beatlejuice-qualified-michael-keaton-demotivational-posters-1316712701.jpeg

Stop shooting that old inconsistent ammo. Plenty of good 8mm out there even that new production Yugoslavia ammo is 100% better than that 50s shit

I have 360 rounds left of boxed '53 Yugo, maybe a 100 of '53 and '78 on strippers, and then a 900 round sealed tin of '99 Yugo. When that's done I can switch, but I've got at least 3 years on ammo on hand.

t

all I know is i'm liking that rifle.

Here's some pics of the scope. The covers are reproduction. I forgot to put on the rear sun/rain cover but really didn't need it as I was under cover. The scope can is a reproduction that attached to my belt if I take it into the field in a re-enactment.

I moved the sight up to 150M to compensate for the low grouping.

I'll have to take the K43 out for it's yearly spin with some new 200gr PPU match ammo.

t

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN5382.jpeg
    DSCN5382.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice shooting and nice rifle. Having recently gotten to fire a rifle for the first time in six months due to a move, I can commiserate.

Back
Top Bottom