Finally received a response from Rep. Thomas Stanley Re: H.4121

sbi

following my email (emphasis is mine):

I deeply apologize for taking so long to get back to you. My office has been inundated with emails these past few weeks and I haven’t been able to respond to everyone as quickly as I’d like to. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opposition to the Speaker’s Gun Bill, H.4121 - An Act relative to the reduction of gun violence.

...I have received numerous calls, emails and letters from constituents with serious concerns regarding several parts of the bill. It is critical for me to hear from constituents on H.4121 and I greatly appreciate your thoughtful correspondence on the bill. Please know I will be keeping your position and concerns on H.4121 in mind going forward.

As H.4121 is written today, I cannot vote in support of the bill if it were to come out on the House Floor for a vote. While I believe H.4121 has the best intentions in trying to prevent gun violence in the Commonwealth, I have apprehensions over several of the bill’s provisions.

It is my understanding that the Speaker’s Office will be redrafting the bill with help from House Ways and Means Committee staff. Speaker DeLeo recently met with members from GOAL to hear their concerns on H.4121 and I expect their recommendations to be incorporated into the amended bill. I look forward to reviewing the changes the Speaker’s Office makes to H.4121 in the coming weeks.

shocked they would even consider re-drafting (if they are)

although they probably realize if it goes to the house the way it is, it has little chance of passing before the end of session

They'll take out one or two of the "minor" problems with the bill, add some LE exemptions and leave it 99% unchanged for us mere peons. that will be the extent of any "redrafting".

They'll take out one or two of the "minor" problems with the bill, add some LE exemptions and leave it 99% unchanged for us mere peons. that will be the extent of any "redrafting".

This - we are about to be "compromised" (insert bend over and take it smiley)

sorry, I forgot the sky was falling

here I am thinking our actions may have gotten the much maligned and powerful house speaker to redraft a bill he thought would pass with ease

obviously we aren't satisfied with just that but put it in perspective...

Look what happened in New York State. "Midnight Emergency Session" with no committee hearings on the bill. They just rammed it through with that douche Joseph Lentol saying that they consulted the NYS Police to define weapons that have "more lethality" then others

Good thing my back injury has healed up because now its for more comfortable to bend over [rofl]

Whats with the so called LEO exemption? I find it hard to see any difference between LEO and non LEO as far as firearms law. There is no reason to put more trust in a LEO than you would a nonLEO, when it comes to guns or ammo mags
or any thing else. All persons should be treated the same no matter your position in life. If you have a criminal record
then we have a whole different ball game. My position is ,no Leo exemptions from any law that is applied to law abiding
persons in general.

.........................................Jack

Back
Top Bottom