Finally joining the club - Randall en route...

Hey hey! I’m in between Randalls at the moment; my Gambler arrived in October, my daughter’s model 7 ships in early April.

Congratulations! They’re addictive. I’ve got around five at the moment, but I used to have more.

I'm probably going to get another one (either a Model 14 or 16), after this one arrives. I'm going to go through one of the dealers and pay a little extra for a model already in stock. I wanted to go through the full process with my first knife , though. I'm not sure why.....

When I was in the Army, I bought a lot of Randalls from dealers. Some used, some new; it was the late 90s and the "collector market" was something I knew nothing about. I was in the South, though, so I never had to go far to find them. I sold a couple, gave one away as a wedding present, gave another one to a friend when he deployed, but word of mouth was almost everything back then if you weren't in Florida, or in the RKCC or whatever it was called then.

Now there's threads like these, and KnifeTalk, and a wealth of information and resources out there to help finding the "right Randall." It's a good thing, but I preferred the days when I didn't care about marking up the honing stone or storing the knife in the sheath, or even (gasp!) using the damn knife. I've got the Gambler that just arrived and two more blades on order (one for each of my kids, etched), and I think that'll do it for me as far as shop orders. Quicker availability is just too easy in these internet days.

Have fun with it! Pics when it arrives.

Post a pic when it arrives.

I'm probably going to get another one (either a Model 14 or 16), after this one arrives. I'm going to go through one of the dealers and pay a little extra for a model already in stock. .

I have had good luck with Rick Ward.

I ordered a firemen, custom engraved and had it in 6 months, for no extra cost.
I also got a model 16 Diver about 10 years ago from him.

Rick Ward, Current Inventory of Randall Knives

"I am currently taking orders for Randall Knives
to be shipped in 4 to 5 months,
"all at Randall catalog prices of the delivery year "."

This one?, very nice.

R1_A.jpg

I don't know anything about these knives but I'm guessing these cost a small fortune and are hard to come by? That's a particularly nice looking knife, I must say.

I don't know anything about these knives but I'm guessing these cost a small fortune and are hard to come by? That's a particularly nice looking knife, I must say.

Do some research. Then dig up $3-600 bucks or so.

It’s not terribly expensive, as high-end knives go. Plenty cost more.

but they look... beautiful.
yeah, I noticed them also. you're right about that.

my sponsor at Harvard did cowboy shoots. while there watching a shoot at his invitation, there were a gaggle of randall bowies riding on guys, and some gals, gun belts. if you need the equipment you may as well do it right. I remember one guy with one that had some age on it, beautiful. my sponsor owned a few. he has since passed away, but it was his knife of choice.

yeah, I noticed them also. you're right about that.

my sponsor at Harvard did cowboy shoots. while there watching a shoot at his invitation, there were a gaggle of randall bowies riding on guys, and some gals, gun belts. if you need the equipment you may as well do it right. I remember one guy with one that had some age on it, beautiful. my sponsor owned a few. he has since passed away, but it was his knife of choice.

When I was looking to get into CAS, I bought just such a Randall Bowie.

It’s still in my safe; CAS never did materialize.

Thanks Matt. They are really nice. He has put them up on eBay now at a reasonable starting price. For the next one, I'm trying to decide between buying a new knife from an original owner or directly from a Randall dealer. The prices are close enough to be a push. I might want to have the warranty from Randall that they provide for original owners, as my next one is going to be used hard by me.

Member dmc51 has (3) beautiful new-old-stock Randalls posted in Members Classified for extremely reasonable prices if you are interested.
I have no connection with this member or these knives, but they look... beautiful.
(2) RM-25's and (1) RM-27

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/brand-new-randall-knives.366248/

Nothing wrong with being an original owner and starting its Provenance hanging from your own belt...

Just completed a trade for a sweet 1960's 7" Model 1 Fighting Knife. I don't have it in my hands yet (en route from Florida) but I will post some pictures when it arrives. It's used, but very well cared for. I'm very psyched!!!

I'm not much for duplication, so I might let go of the brand new Model 1 that I started this thread about. Talk about first world problems....

I have had good luck with Rick Ward.

I ordered a firemen, custom engraved and had it in 6 months, for no extra cost.
I also got a model 16 Diver about 10 years ago from him.

Rick Ward, Current Inventory of Randall Knives

"I am currently taking orders for Randall Knives
to be shipped in 4 to 5 months,
"all at Randall catalog prices of the delivery year "."

Rick Ward seams to have fallen on hard times, screwed a few people and lost his Randall Dealer Status.

Back
Top Bottom