• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally got the game camera up this weekend

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Not bad for only a couple days up.

Is that buck a shooter in MA? New to this, and the guys on the outdoors networks seem to pass on that size buck in favor of HUGE eight and ten point bucks out in Texas, Kansas, etc. What's a decent size buck you'd take in MA?

Is that buck a shooter in MA? New to this, and the guys on the outdoors networks seem to pass on that size buck in favor of HUGE eight and ten point bucks out in Texas, Kansas, etc. What's a decent size buck you'd take in MA?

Its not a trophy buck, but most people around here would shoot it anyways. I would just to put some meat up.

Nice shots, those wildgames seem to work well for people.

Set out 5 cameras yesterday, 2 more today and hopefully get the last 2 out tomorrow before the rain....

This isn't the bucks of tecomate bro. Its mass. There's not enough land here to "manage" rack size.

Checked my film today to find that they clear cut everything around my stand. I have great video of a "John Deer" with a brush cutter :/

I feel your pain on that on 2 years ago they logged of the property behind me (it is several hundred acres) there was a large wildfire back there about 10 years ago so they cut out all the dead standing first as cheep dry cordwood then they came in and cut out the large oak and maple for lumber then they came back in and took the tops of the lumber trees and some smaller live trees for cordwood. 2 different companies did the work one did lumber and one did cordwood. Anyway they started cutting in September 2008 and didn't finish until February 2009 6 days a week 7AM till dark. Needless to say it was fun sitting in the tree stand not being able to hear anything with all the equipment running and logging equipment is very noisy (chipper, firewood processor, skider, forwarder, harvester... you get the idea)

At least they are getting used to your scent. This may work in your favor if they associate it with food. Once the rut is on though, all bets are off.

I've had my feeder and game cam up for a few weeks now and all I'm seeing is raccoons and turkeys.

Damn.

FYI

It is illegal to place bait/feed from 10 days prior to the start of bow season for deer to the end of muzzleloader season. Regardless if you intend to hunt over the bait or not or simply feed the deer in your yard. Bow season opens in 6 days...

FYI

It is illegal to place bait/feed from 10 days prior to the start of bow season for deer to the end of muzzleloader season. Regardless if you intend to hunt over the bait or not or simply feed the deer in your yard. Bow season opens in 6 days...

I'm in NH. The feeder is on my own private property and there are no regulations prohibiting me from having it up and running.

Just to be sure, I checked with the NH Fish and Game department and they confirmed it.

I'm in NH. The feeder is on my own private property and there are no regulations prohibiting me from having it up and running.

Just to be sure, I checked with the NH Fish and Game department and they confirmed it.

Ahhh, please forgive my dipchittedness.... [smile]

Well, after several weeks of not seeing any deer on my cam I went out and bought some Acorn Rage liquid and some Acorn Rage powder to put out near the feeder. That stuff works ... this little gal showed up the first night:

mm36na.jpg

Now I just need her boyfriend to come with her ...

Back
Top Bottom