• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally got my tech. Would love to connect with fellow NES

Online took me twice. What are you using to study? I used Ham study app which was great! I also used the following book Amazon product ASIN 1625950829View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1625950829/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_dl_ZR3JS5VBD5794DS93Q9M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I am using the Ham Study App and the AARL study guide you linked to suppement. I have an Anytone 878UV Plus w/ a Nagoya 771 antenna that I have solely been monitoring with to get an idea of the repeaters around me. Once I pass the test, and my call sign shows up in the FCC registry, I will be eager to get on the air.

Congrats on the ticket. Study up for the general, and you'll love 30m. [cheers]
I have a FTM-400 in my go-box.......great radio.
KC1PFP is live on QRZ.com, so that's a great place to get started. Good luck !
Jim, WQ2H

This is actually the last few hours on 30m (quieter than normal because of Henri - but still lots of action):

30m.jpg

Congratulations on getting your license and kudos for already having a working rig set-up already!
Thank you! The radio was a little over my head in the beginning, but getting the hang of it. It's going into my truck soon and I'll be looking for a new base station radio.

Congrats on the ticket. Study up for the general, and you'll love 30m. [cheers]
I have a FTM-400 in my go-box.......great radio.
KC1PFP is live on QRZ.com, so that's a great place to get started. Good luck !
Jim, WQ2H

This is actually the last few hours on 30m (quieter than normal because of Henri - but still lots of action):

View attachment 515825
It's on the list to pass this winter. Right now I'm hearing up for bow deer season so not much extra time between that and the kiddos

I got mine a few years back but honestly still don't have a clue on what I am doing yet lol.

I got myself a little BaoFeng handheld, really need to do some more research and get a setup going.

As the title mentions. I finally got my technicians license and looking to connect with fellow NES members. I'm generally on both Waltham repeaters, Quincy repeater. Located in West Roxbury. KC1PFP 73
I just looked you up, I grew up around the corner from you on Stimson!

Congrats on your Tech! I was looking at the FTM-400XDR myself for the car. How do you like it?

I got my General just before Covid and then had a sudden hearing loss a few months later which made it tough to listen to the radio for quite a while, so I have lapsed a bit and haven't keyed up in a while, but hope to get back into it! I haven't even aquired an HF rig yet so need to get going on that as well.

Back
Top Bottom