FInally getting my training tonight!

I was on here about a year ago while in "negotiations" with my wife about me getting a firearm. Well...tonight I head out to MFS to take my Basics class and later this week I have an appointment with the police LT to apply for my LTC.

I look forward to learning a ton and seeing some of you on the range. Thanks for answering the questions I have had that got me to this point.

Took my wife to MFS this past Friday night to do her coursework, had fun - smoked a few noobs on the simulator. [smile]

Enjoy!

Your wife may be next to you at the range in no time. That's what happened to me -- in less than 18 mos. from me getting back into shooting she went from not understanding my interest to completely embracing it. It's great to have a family activity.

Congratulations, and good job. GOAL has some good courses also. These things take time, and patience. Glad to hear there is another good person in our camp.

I was on here about a year ago while in "negotiations" with my wife about me getting a firearm. Well...tonight I head out to MFS to take my Basics class and later this week I have an appointment with the police LT to apply for my LTC.

I look forward to learning a ton and seeing some of you on the range. Thanks for answering the questions I have had that got me to this point.
Good. Now sign your wife up for the ladies-only class at MFS. Due to overwhelming demand there are two this month.

Or don't. If she takes it she'll probably spend more on guns than you will.

As someone who just went through the same process, congrats. Have you started the negotiations over how your gun purchases, ammo, club memberships, and misc. supplies will fit into the household budget yet? That's the harder part. I haven't quite gotten to "but why do I have to pay the mortgage honey? I want a new gun instead" stage yet, but it's gotten close. :)

Thanks all.

Just got back from class. Good stuff. Only real complaint was the class was over 30 people so the hands on and Q&A wasn't as in depth as I would have liked. The instructors did what they could though. I kept thinking to myself...remember that question for the Northeastshooters crowd--they'll know the answer!

I'm already thinking of buying a rifle sized safe...for my handgun...think she'll pick up on that? ;)

That's what I did. She noticed but she didn't object. I say go for it. Besides, you can put important papers in there too, that's why you need a big safe. ;)

Back
Top Bottom