• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally fixed my PPK/s

45collector

NES Member
No this is not related to the S&W PPK recalls.

I've had my Interarms PPK/s since '02. A few years ago it started to develop problems where the hammer would follow after each shot, bringing it back to double action each time. It wouldn't double fire, so that's good. But it was just annoying because it basically turned into a DA revolver! [angry]

So I tried several things to remedy it:

New hammer spring, hammer block spring, and recoil spring.

Replacing those helped the problem a little, but it still persisted.

A few weeks ago I ordered a brand new hammer, sear (or what they call the "cocking piece") and trigger bar from Walther America. I got them in the mail Monday night, replaced the parts, and took it to the range yesterday...

[banana] PERFECTION!!!

Problem solved! What I finally figured out was that where the trigger bar meets the sear, was worn down with years of use. Also, the crisp edge of the hammer where it meets the sear was rounded off a little over the years. The wear and tear of these two points affected the ability of the hammer locking back into the sear after each shot. On the occasion that it did stay in single action when it was supposed to, it was a hair trigger with almost zero room for overtravel. This was due to the trigger bar being so worn down.

This gun has never had any feeding issues whatsoever. It was my favorite carry piece for years before the trouble began. It eats all types of ammo. I'd started to drift away from carrying anything in .380 lately, going with 9 Makarov, .40 or .45. But this little Walther is a great stainless carry gun and I'll probably end up wearing it again in the stifling summer months.

Sorry about the painfully long read, but I had to broadcast my sweet victory over this years-long aggravating issue with this much-loved pistol.

Back
Top Bottom