Finally changed AK to Russian Red Furniture

From this:
IMG_0779.jpg

To this:
IMG_0781.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great.

Where does one buy new wood for an AK?

Ironwood makes AK furniture but I hear its a lengthy wait for a stock set from them. Thats where I was thinking of ordering a set for my Saiga conversion. I also considered ordering a Bulgarian plum colored stock set for that modern Russian AK look but eh, I don't know yet which direction I want to go with the conversion. At least by ordering from Ironwood you have some "US" made parts.

Not sure if you are refering to the Massachusetts AG, but I'm guessing you are.

No difference though because 922r compliance is for every state. Even though as far as I know no one has ever been charged with violating it, some folks are strict believers of having the proper amount of US made parts.

No I'm not from the AG. However, I recently went through changing some parts on my WASR-10. The previous owner had used the mag floor plates as one of the US parts. To use other mags (with foreign floor plates) I had to switch out the pistol grip to a US made part. I just wanted to post the link that I found helpful.

Is it a stupid law: Yes. Would you be likely to be charged: Probably not. Is it worth it to risk it in a state that has discretionary licensing: for me it's not.

Back
Top Bottom