finally applied for c&r

I let my C&R expire several years back after having it for 10+ years. Reason #1 was to stop spending money that should be spent on diapers and clothes and shit. Reason #2 was to have less exposure to .gov.
The first few guns I bought with it were a Mosin 91/30 ($99), Yugo SKS ($225) and a East German Makarov ($325)

My renewal was stamped received 12/30/22 and the credit card was charged in mid January. I still haven’t received it yet but they offered to send me a letter so I could still use the expired one.

I called just to make sure it didn’t get lost in the mail and they said that is was “still in processing.” She said that they were running 60 days.

My initial app was only a few weeks.

Bob

finally.
now what?
First, delete the image- it has your name and address.

Get a bound book from Amazon. Do not sign the original license. Make ten photocopies of it. Scan a signed photocopy and email it to several dealers that sell what you want, tell them it’s a copy for their files. That way you can order more easily later.

Last edited:
First, delete the image- it has your name and address.

Get a bound book from Amazon. Do not sign the original license. Make ten photocopies of it. Scan a signed photocopy and email it to several dealers that sell what you want, tell them it’s a copy for their files. That way you can order more easily later.
deleted pic
ordered the book a second ago
and will do (photocopy wise)

Last edited:
I let my C&R expire several years back after having it for 10+ years. Reason #1 was to stop spending money that should be spent on diapers and clothes and shit. Reason #2 was to have less exposure to .gov.
The first few guns I bought with it were a Mosin 91/30 ($99), Yugo SKS ($225) and a East German Makarov ($325)
Same here, didn't really have much of a benefit to it for me and then the audit with the ATF inspector didn't sit to well either. It was cool to have a couple of rifles delivered right to the house though. I think I got a Remington 03', a K98 and a K31 on my C&R, I still have my BB somewhere.

my form 1 took 6 days if I recall correctly
OMG.... I thought my 23 days in 2019 was a record! Worse part of the whole process was that I submitted 2 Form 1's and one took 23 days and the other took 10 months with 3 revisions by 3 separate agents. That was when I demanded to speak to a supervisor and told her that I was being asked to do something that (1) I did not have to do on the other Form 1 and (2) the first agent had agreed that I did not have to do (before he went on leave) to which the supervisor answered "Yes we allow our agents the leeway to apply individual interpretations to the statutes so one agent may ask for something the other did not". Which I guess is a polite way of saying "I work for the Federal Government I do what I want. If you don't like it tough shit."

OMG.... I thought my 23 days in 2019 was a record! Worse part of the whole process was that I submitted 2 Form 1's and one took 23 days and the other took 10 months with 3 revisions by 3 separate agents. That was when I demanded to speak to a supervisor and told her that I was being asked to do something that (1) I did not have to do on the other Form 1 and (2) the first agent had agreed that I did not have to do (before he went on leave) to which the supervisor answered "Yes we allow our agents the leeway to apply individual interpretations to the statutes so one agent may ask for something the other did not". Which I guess is a polite way of saying "I work for the Federal Government I do what I want. If you don't like it tough shit."
my current form1 is at 58 days, 3 weeks ago the lady said turnaround is at 60 days currently, we shall see next week

Back
Top Bottom