• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Filling out LTC application in Peabody, MA

So I'm on the "reasons" portion of the application and I was told I need to write out in detail (basically an essay) my reasoning for wanting to obtain an LTC. I'm in contact with comm2A and they are against this, and asked if I would to "Call me if you are willing to delay getting your license and be a test case."

What are your thoughts?

If you have a clean record, squeaky clean, call Comm2A and please be a test case. I know, it might suck if the chief doesn't just issue the LTC and you actually have to go to court to get it but you would be doing all of us a world of good.

Does this mean Peabody is no longer a guaranteed restricted LTC for 1st timers?

the licensing officer stated to me that due to the changes in the law (and possibly the views of the newer CLEO), you stand a better chance of getting unrestricted. Though if there is anything on your record short of what would trigger a statutory DQ, the hypothetical 1st timer would likely get restricted.

the licensing officer stated to me that due to the changes in the law (and possibly the views of the newer CLEO), you stand a better chance of getting unrestricted. Though if there is anything on your record short of what would trigger a statutory DQ, the hypothetical 1st timer would likely get restricted.

What? He didn't give Comm2A any credit?

Keep it simple:

Q) Reason(s) for requesting the issuance of a card or license:

A) Ferguson. Cuz it can (and will) happen again. Anywhere.

(disclaimer: While certainly true, this post was submitted in the interest of pure sarcasm. Go with what some of the experienced NESers (above) advise. I've received more great free advice and suggestions from the awesome members here - about a variety of issues, relative to guns or not - than I ever could have paid for anywhere [wink] )

Last edited:
Any word on Peabody these days? Currently have a class a ltc from Wakefield but about to renew in Peabody. Will I get bumped down upon renewal ?

wife is about to put in her app for peabody, but still states needs a please please letter.... being 2comm A helped my situation, wonder if they'd see her last name, and throw her a license to get her out door... lol

Peabody has been 'green' for some time now. Comm2A sued them and they changed their policy. If you approve, click here.

Since Jan 2015. I got restricted last year, everyone seems to be getting unrestricted this year. I will put in a request letter at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

wife is about to put in her app for peabody, but still states needs a please please letter.... being 2comm A helped my situation, wonder if they'd see her last name, and throw her a license to get her out door... lol

It's not a please please letter anymore, just put in why you want a license, including carrying on your person.

Back
Top Bottom