Filling out LTC application in Peabody, MA

I said, shrink, I wanna kill, I mean I wanna kill, I wanna see blood n gore n guts and veins in my teeth, eat burnt dead bodies, I mean kill, kill! KILL!! And I started jumpin up and down yellin KILL KILL!! And he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumpin up and down yellin KILL KILL KILL KILL!! And the Sargent came in pinned a medal on me and said, "you're our boy!"

For those without a sense of humor, the above is from the song/album "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie.

"For all lawful purposes, to buy, sell, use, carry, transfer, own and collect all large capacity pistols, rifles, and shotguns for use in hunting, sporting, competition, target shooting, collecting, and personal protection."

attach a flier for World War Z and just say "it's coming. I don't know when but it's coming and I need to be ready."

Peabody doesn't care what you write. When the officer read mine he said "everybody says the same thing, they tell you what to write." He wasn't criticizing, just shrugging like it doesn't matter.

A heads up, they called me for an interview next day after I dropped off the application, and scheduled the interview like a day later. Interview was just fingerprinting, no questions.

Peabody doesn't care what you write. When the officer read mine he said "everybody says the same thing, they tell you what to write." He wasn't criticizing, just shrugging like it doesn't matter.

A heads up, they called me for an interview next day after I dropped off the application, and scheduled the interview like a day later. Interview was just fingerprinting, no questions.

No questions... thats not good. Enjoy your restrictions.

Just Joshing.

If you are at all interested in carrying, then working with Comm2A is the best thing you can do, both for yourself and for the civil liberties of your fellow m*******s.

Wish I knew how hard it was before I bought a house here :(

My buddy has his LTC-unrestricted in Peabody. First timer but he does own a business.

Comm2A estimated 6-12 months if they fight it.

Wish I knew how hard it was before I bought a house here :(

My buddy has his LTC-unrestricted in Peabody. First timer but he does own a business.

Comm2A estimated 6-12 months if they fight it.

I'd wait until after the new year to apply and then appeal the restrictions since it forces the town to provide valid reason for putting a restriction on. You may need a lawyer or Comm2A.

I'd wait until after the new year to apply and then appeal the restrictions since it forces the town to provide valid reason for putting a restriction on. You may need a lawyer or Comm2A.

I believe that section of the law only says that a written reason, that can be appealed, is mandated for a "denial" not a "restriction."

I believe that section of the law only says that a written reason, that can be appealed, is mandated for a "denial" not a "restriction."
I think you're right on the specific language "evidence" WRT restrictions, but Section 51 does provide for judicial review at district court for restrictions.

SECTION 51. Paragraph (f) of said section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out the second paragraph and inserting in place thereof the following paragraph:- Any applicant or holder aggrieved by a denial, revocation, suspension or restriction placed on a license, unless a hearing has previously been held pursuant to chapter 209A, may, within either 90 days after receiving notice of the denial, revocation or suspension or within 90 days after the expiration of the time limit during which the licensing authority shall respond to the applicant or, in the case of a restriction, any time after a restriction is placed on the license pursuant to this section, file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town in which the applicant filed the application or in which the license was issued. If after a hearing a justice of the court finds that there was no reasonable ground for denying, suspending, revoking or restricting the license and that the petitioner is not prohibited by law from possessing a license, the justice may order a license to be issued or reinstated to the petitioner or may order the licensing authority to remove certain restrictions placed on the license.

So I have a friend who was just about to apply in Peabody, should I tell him to hold off?, Would someone in the know please IM me with some back story?

Tell anyone applying in Peabody to hold off and contact comm2A ASAP. Something has occurred in the last hour that changes things.

What happened?

Last night our motion to amend the complaint with new people was denied. This is not a big deal, it's procedural in nature. We didn't "lose" the case or anything like that. As the judge pointed out in his denial, we can file a new case. So we will be filing a new case with those plaintiffs in the future. This morning, the judge stayed the case pending a supplemental briefing on the need for more discovery. This is also not a big deal. It's procedural in nature.

Short version, more waiting.

Good luck to ya'll! One positive thing about Lynn for sure..green as they come far as my experience.

Not sure when you last applied but the new chief is a radical departure from the old. While they may issue unrestricted licenses, that PD is bound to change under the new guy in ways beyond the simple measurement of the restriction issue.

Not sure when you last applied but the new chief is a radical departure from the old. While they may issue unrestricted licenses, that PD is bound to change under the new guy in ways beyond the simple measurement of the restriction issue.

Glad I didn't buy a house there, then. When I was looking a few years ago, they were almost the perfect combination of (1) affordable (2) close to Boston (and work) and (3) "green" town. Arlington meets 2&3 but fails #1, hard. Many other places inside the 128 belt fail one or both of #1 and #3.

Back
Top Bottom