• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fillable Mass LTC/FID Application

I recently noticed that the LTC Application provided by EOPSS is not fillable, requiring the applicant to print the form and print or type the information onto the form.

I created a copy of this form, but added fillable fields so you can simply fill in the information on your computer and print it.

The form is available on this page: http://www.attorneyfoley.com/second-amendment-rights/

Interesting, and potentially helpful.

The only caveat that I can see is that many towns have specific requirements that are not called for under the MGLs (such as proof of residence e.g. a utility bill, or letters of reference), and without getting the "packet" of info from the town of issuance, the applicant may get jammed up, or, at the very least, have to make another trip to the PD. IMO, you should have a notice to people using the form to check with the local PD, to make sure that they have all the supporting docs.

Oh, and according to a thread in the Mass Laws section (IIRC) some towns will not accept Hunter Ed certs, MGLs be damned.

Interesting, and potentially helpful.

The only caveat that I can see is that many towns have specific requirements that are not called for under the MGLs (such as proof of residence e.g. a utility bill, or letters of reference), and without getting the "packet" of info from the town of issuance, the applicant may get jammed up, or, at the very least, have to make another trip to the PD. IMO, you should have a notice to people using the form to check with the local PD, to make sure that they have all the supporting docs.

Oh, and according to a thread in the Mass Laws section (IIRC) some towns will not accept Hunter Ed certs, MGLs be damned.

Thanks for the feedback. I inserted a notice to that effect.

Thank you, attorneyfoley. I was about to add fields to the form myself, as my wife's LTC is due for renewal. Thanks again for saving me all this work.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

If anybody runs across the "fillable PDF" problem in the myriad forms that rule our lives, there is an EXCELLENT alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader, called Foxit Reader.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Among other cool things, this reader has markup tools including a "typewriter" tool that can put editable markups right on a PDF, no form fields required, and store them in modifiable/editable format.

That said, my permitting officer transcribed the paper form (with Foxit markup text [smile]) for my LTC-A app into at least two different computer systems. [rolleyes]
If I'd known the process was so obtuse for him, I'd have brought a soft copy and he could have copied and pasted the text!
(Mayhap if he had he would not have changed my self-described "brown" hair to "gray or partially gray" [rofl] Permit LEO looked like he was in his mid 20s. [smile])

I recently noticed that the LTC Application provided by EOPSS is not fillable, requiring the applicant to print the form and print or type the information onto the form.

I created a copy of this form, but added fillable fields so you can simply fill in the information on your computer and print it.

The form is available on this page: http://www.attorneyfoley.com/second-amendment-rights/

Great contribution. Thank you!

Sorry to necro this thread but does anyone know of a current, fillable PDF form? The form changed substantially as of early this year, presumably as a result of the 1/1/2015 law changes. All the ones I could find online (GOAL, etc.) are older versions.

Thanks in advance.

Before you use a pdf, check to see what your PD requires. Some want you to sit down with them, while they type.

Don't re-invent the wheel! [laugh]

WRONG!!!

"Just sit down while I ask you questions" is a TRAP. You sign under pains and penalties of perjury plus anything wrong is per MGL reason to revoke/deny/suspend.

ALWAYS bring paper and compare what you put down (where you had time to think/research answers) with what comes off the PD printer BEFORE you sign it.

I Never carry my PA,FL and ME licenses, yet the form asks for info you can only have from reading it off the state licenses. So I couldn't answer that in a "let me ask you this" session.

Before you use a pdf, check to see what your PD requires. Some want you to sit down with them, while they type.

Don't re-invent the wheel! [laugh]

Good point, but my PD doesn't do this. They want the filled-out form. Being able to present something that's neatly filled out and printed would save the poor LO from having to read my chicken-scratch.

WRONG!!!

"Just sit down while I ask you questions" is a TRAP. You sign under pains and penalties of perjury plus anything wrong is per MGL reason to revoke/deny/suspend.

ALWAYS bring paper and compare what you put down (where you had time to think/research answers) with what comes off the PD printer BEFORE you sign it.

I Never carry my PA,FL and ME licenses, yet the form asks for info you can only have from reading it off the state licenses. So I couldn't answer that in a "let me ask you this" session.

I agree, Len. The chance for a "Mistake" is there, indeed.

The intent of my post was that the lack of a fillable pdf should not be a big deal.

If anybody runs across the "fillable PDF" problem in the myriad forms that rule our lives, there is an EXCELLENT alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader, called Foxit Reader.

Among other cool things, this reader has markup tools including a "typewriter" tool that can put editable markups right on a PDF, no form fields required, and store them in modifiable/editable format.

That said, my permitting officer transcribed the paper form (with Foxit markup text [smile]) for my LTC-A app into at least two different computer systems. [rolleyes]
If I'd known the process was so obtuse for him, I'd have brought a soft copy and he could have copied and pasted the text!
(Mayhap if he had he would not have changed my self-described "brown" hair to "gray or partially gray" [rofl] Permit LEO looked like he was in his mid 20s. [smile])
Yes.... this is why people need to check. I filled out my form very diligently and when I went to the PD to apply the licensing officer said "oh , you filled out the paper form?" then proceeded to input everything into the computer system and eventually just asked me to read the answers to her. THe best part was when I read my carefully prepared reason for applying and she just looked at me and said "You want no restrictions right?" and proceeded to put "All lawful purposes" in the form. All towns are different and town policies change. I've found virtually all firearms officers on the South Shore to be straightforward with their answers when you call and ask them what needs to be done to apply (whether you like the response or not).

Thanks--this solved my problem! [bow] I already use Foxit as my preferred PDF reader on Windows because of security concerns with Adobe Acrobat reader. [tinfoil] I didn't know Foxit could do this. Wish there were a Linux tool that could do this. I'll have to try using Foxit under wine, or something.

(Yes...I'm one of *those*...use a Linux box as my daily-use home PC....)

(Mayhap if he had he would not have changed my self-described "brown" hair to "gray or partially gray" [rofl said:
Permit LEO looked like he was in his mid 20s. [smile])

I've been tempted to write "Brown...what's left of it." [rofl]

I also questioned the legal definition for "Build" - I asked the licensing LEO outright "Is 'tall and fat' an option?"
He laughed out loud and said "We'll just go with 'Large.'" [smile]

I'd put "Spherical" but I don't think they'd appreciate my sense of humor. (It's even funnier if you've taken physics..."Assume a spherical cow, suspended by an infinitely thin wire, with no air resistance....")

I wonder how many people realize that they're being asked to swear to their body weight under the pains and penalties of perjury. Usually when people list their weight on their driver license it's a number they haven't seen since their mid 20s.

Back
Top Bottom