Fillable FA-10 PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few of you have asked for a fillable FA-10 to go along with the other fillable forms I've done for the Instructor paperwork.

Here you go:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/FA10.pdf

Please put it through it's paces and let me know right away of any changes required.

Use "TAB" to move between fields. Fill out only the First page of the form and all entries will be copied to the other pages. Right-Click and Save the file to use it on your local system.

-R

What would need to happen to be able to save the file with the blanks filled in? I would love to have my personal info saved and just add or change the rest of it to save time.

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this. I've already used it a few times. Even better, you can fill in your own info and then do a Save As and it will retain all your info for future transactions. This has saved me a lot of time & trouble. +1 to the OP

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this. I've already used it a few times. Even better, you can fill in your own info and then do a Save As and it will retain all your info for future transactions. This has saved me a lot of time & trouble. +1 to the OP

Only if you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat. Just having the free version of Adobe Reader will not allow you to save the form with data entered.

Only if you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat. Just having the free version of Adobe Reader will not allow you to save the form with data entered.

Or if using a osx, preview also lets you edit and do a Save As. (and is free)

This is a great, BTW. Saves a lot of time. Thanks.

This fillable PDF is great. After I screwed up 2 FA-10 and didn't want to go back to the PD AGAIN to ask for more I gave this a try. Saved a lot of time.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but just got this info passed to me. This was posted on an internal website of a local PD. Has anyone else heard about this yet? I just sent it over to the folks at GOAL to make sure they were in the know.

On June 1st the Firearms Records Bureau will replace the paper FA10 form with an online reporting system E-FA-10.

The online system will be used to report a lost, stolen, sale, transfer, or inheritance of a firearm. The system can also be used to report the surrender of a firearm to a police department and to record the transfer of a surrendered firearm to a dealer or private party.

To log on to the reporting system a user will need their LTC/FID number and PIN number.

** The reporting requirements have not changed - If a gun owner has a loss or theft of a firearm they would enter the information online AND make a report with the police **

** We will still enter the firearm as lost or stolen in NCIC. However, if the owner makes the online report and there is a delay in reporting to us the FRB will have entered the gun as lost or stolen in NCIC. **

Wasn't sure where to post this, but just got this info passed to me. This was posted on an internal website of a local PD. Has anyone else heard about this yet? I just sent it over to the folks at GOAL to make sure they were in the know.

I didn't know that this was "public" yet, but yes I am well aware of this and have been in some Email discussion with Jason Guida about it yesterday. I tried to follow up further with him today for some clarification, but he wasn't in the office. I will have more info sometime next week.

The way I read it . . .

- No more parking lot FTF transfers, unless you have laptop with you and Wi-Fi available.

- Unsure if you will get a way to save to PC for printing later, or do you have to drag a PC/laptop AND PRINTER with you so that each of you get a copy?

- Most gun clubs don't have Wi-Fi and some don't have any cell reception either, so no transfers at Mansfield F&G (for instance) unless you have an air-card.

I like the concept of e-filing, but this is going to lead to major headaches for FTF transactions and I'm not sure that these issues were thought out before setting an implementation date. On the other hand, perhaps they were and there are easy solutions of which I am not aware and that is what I'm trying to get clarification about.

Why not contact the buyer by phone and fill in that info while your connected. You can have the FA-10 all filled in ahead of time, before you meet for the final sale.

I didn't know that this was "public" yet, but yes I am well aware of this and have been in some Email discussion with Jason Guida about it yesterday. I tried to follow up further with him today for some clarification, but he wasn't in the office. I will have more info sometime next week.

The way I read it . . .

- No more parking lot FTF transfers, unless you have laptop with you and Wi-Fi available.

- Unsure if you will get a way to save to PC for printing later, or do you have to drag a PC/laptop AND PRINTER with you so that each of you get a copy?

- Most gun clubs don't have Wi-Fi and some don't have any cell reception either, so no transfers at Mansfield F&G (for instance) unless you have an air-card.

I like the concept of e-filing, but this is going to lead to major headaches for FTF transactions and I'm not sure that these issues were thought out before setting an implementation date. On the other hand, perhaps they were and there are easy solutions of which I am not aware and that is what I'm trying to get clarification about.

I don't get it. I'm not saying you are wrong, because I don't know if you are. But, why can't you just jot down the relevant info and fill in the online form later? Is the time to file changing? I don't see this changing anything. What am I missing?

Why not contact the buyer by phone and fill in that info while your connected. You can have the FA-10 all filled in ahead of time, before you meet for the final sale.

I don't get it. I'm not saying you are wrong, because I don't know if you are. But, why can't you just jot down the relevant info and fill in the online form later? Is the time to file changing? I don't see this changing anything. What am I missing?

I need clarification on these points (and others) but you must put in your PIN and I'm assuming both parties must do this and the form should auto-populate.

Do you really want to give someone your PIN? They could create bogus transactions for you and if >4/year it could come back to haunt you in a criminal way. Signatures will no longer be required, the PIN will suffice instead.

Just got an Email from Jason, he won't be reachable until Wednesday at the earliest for clarification, so just hang tight until we know more about this new policy.

I need clarification on these points (and others) but you must put in your PIN and I'm assuming both parties must do this and the form should auto-populate.

Do you really want to give someone your PIN? They could create bogus transactions for you and if >4/year it could come back to haunt you in a criminal way. Signatures will no longer be required, the PIN will suffice instead.

Just got an Email from Jason, he won't be reachable until Wednesday at the earliest for clarification, so just hang tight until we know more about this new policy.

Got it. Yes, if you need both PINs then there is a new problem. I was assuming that, like the old FA-10, you could just have the seller do the paperwork and the buyer information needed would be limited to what's already on the form (so only the seller needs to enter a PIN?). In any case, as you correctly note, more information is needed.

We all mostly have smartphones. Hopefully they make the web form mobile compatible...

Well not all of us have smartphones. Mine's dumb as a rock but I can use it to make phone calls and check the weather/sports score when needed.

Since I've been at gun clubs with no cell signal, I doubt your smartphone would work too well either.

You can use a public library's PC as well (Jason's suggestion) but not on Sundays/holidays/etc.

I still want to know how you can print the form later or save the filled out form to your PC/smartphone?

I still want to know how you can print the form later or save the filled out form to your PC/smartphone?

This is not a technical problem as there are ways. It's a "doh! we didn't think of that" problem. Let's see what Mr. Guida hasn't thought about.

I was just thinking about this. I am pretty sure that this system can't just be put in place at the whim of CJIS. More so without public input and clearly public input has not been sought.

To whit:
Ch 140 § 128A said:
and provided, further, that such resident reports within seven days, in writing to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services on forms furnished by said executive director, the names and addresses of the seller and the purchaser of any such large capacity feeding device, firearm, rifle or shotgun, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle or shotgun, including its designation as a large capacity weapon, if applicable, the calibre, make and serial number and the purchaser's license to carry firearms number, permit to purchase number and identifying number of such documentation as is used to establish exempt person status in the case of a firearm or the purchaser's license to carry number or firearm identification card number or said document identity number, in the case of a rifle or shotgun.

This seems to suggest that any valid form "the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services on forms furnished by said executive director" provides must be able to accept "writing". So any system that REQUIRES us to use a PC is not going to fly for this and the simple reason that indigent and destitute gun owners may not have online access...

Now, I have NO problem with digitizing .gov records and .gov forms for better access and ease of use. Hell, if we have to fill out a fracking form, make it easy on us and give us options. But forcing us to use this may not fly.

But the larger issue I have here is this, there has been ZERO vetting of this system by gun owners. And the penalties for violations of the law here are significant to say the least. Guida should have had a public comment period on this and opened it up to GOAL and others to review and vet. I have an expertise that overlaps this area and would have gladly volunteered my time to review it. I am sure there are others out there who would as well.

I can already imagine a few security holes with this system based on what Len has posted. I think it needs far greater scrutiny before going live.

Last edited:
...So any system that REQUIRES us to use a PC is not going to fly for this and the simple reason that indigent and destitute gun owners may not have online access...

This is my concern.

It will disproportionally affect lower income people, effectively prohibiting them from exercising their 2A rights.

Jason's response was to use the public library computers. Available to all, income not a factor. My problem with that is hours of operation vs. hours where both parties are available (frequently on Sundays and no libraries TTBOMK are open).

In this spirit, let's also force all recipients of taxpayer funded benefits and services in Mass to use an online system to complete their requests. Shut down any retail or in-person service provided by the state, and limit all claims to those filed using an online system and a person identification number. Require the personal identification number to be provided at the discretion of the local chief of police, be available only to those "suitable", and to require a course paid for by the applicant and pertinent to benefit receipt. Make the application fee $100.

If I have to do all of this nonsense to exercise my natural rights, then somebody looking for a handout should do at least the same.

In this spirit, let's also force all recipients of taxpayer funded benefits and services in Mass to use an online system to complete their requests. Shut down any retail or in-person service provided by the state, and limit all claims to those filed using an online system and a person identification number. Require the personal identification number to be provided at the discretion of the local chief of police, be available only to those "suitable", and to require a course paid for by the applicant and pertinent to benefit receipt. Make the application fee $100.

If I have to do all of this nonsense to exercise my natural rights, then somebody looking for a handout should do at least the same.

I checked and welfare has a paper form...

Jason's response was to use the public library computers. Available to all, income not a factor.

Not everyone is in close proximity to a public library, especially those in the more rural portions of MA.

My problem with that is hours of operation vs. hours where both parties are available (frequently on Sundays and no libraries TTBOMK are open).

This is also an issue.

I checked and welfare has a paper form...

And probably a bunch of overpaid public employees who help with the paperwork. If you want to exercise your freedom in this state you do it on the state's terms, under convoluted law, yet without assistance, and in face of severe penalties for error. If you want to sit on your ass and take money from taxpayers, on the other hand, the state will go out of its way to help you do it and to make the process as convenient as possible.

Maybe then the ACLU might get interested?

[rofl2] They don't consider RKBA to be a "civil liberty". OR a right.

Jason's response was to use the public library computers. Available to all, income not a factor. My problem with that is hours of operation vs. hours where both parties are available (frequently on Sundays and no libraries TTBOMK are open).

Oh, that's brilliant. With, possibly, the exception of Breda, I don't know any pro-gun librarians. Can you imagine just how fast SWAT will get called if, say, a couple of Bostonians transferring a handgun pull it out of it's case in the Boston Public Library to check the serial numbers before completing the transfer?

Does this Jason Guida guy live in the real world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom