Fillable FA-10 PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
+2 on Len for all his work...apparently I have to spread rep around before I give it to him again...

I saw noted a few pages back that the paper forms would remain available. Do we know what the standard is to use them? Can they be used as an alternative of choice, or does the seller have to meet some sort of undue burden or hardship standard in order to use them?

+2 on Len for all his work...apparently I have to spread rep around before I give it to him again...

I saw noted a few pages back that the paper forms would remain available. Do we know what the standard is to use them? Can they be used as an alternative of choice, or does the seller have to meet some sort of undue burden or hardship standard in order to use them?

Thanks Obie!

From my discussion it is clear that those parts of MA w/o MIRCS, Internet service, etc. will be allowed to use the paper, at least for a while.

It's not clear about anyone else and for what period of time.

I'm guessing that Jason is getting a lot of push-back on this and the end result may well change.

The thing I find so amazing (well, not really, considering this crazy state) is that the only way I found out about this was by reading this site and from my GOAL emails. I would think that if the State intends that all licensed gun owners change how they do things, the State should notify us all. But, I guess that would make too much sense.

The thing I find so amazing (well, not really, considering this crazy state) is that the only way I found out about this was by reading this site and from my GOAL emails. I would think that if the State intends that all licensed gun owners change how they do things, the State should notify us all. But, I guess that would make too much sense.
They never notified "lifetime FID" holder that their ID's were about to expire. Why would they let you know about this.

Joe,

I don't see why NOT to use it. Nobody's been rejected to date that we know about.

Jason is well aware that most PDs refuse to get paper forms and many are handing out photocopied forms and telling people to use them.

As I'm pretty sure that I have already told Jason, if I meet someone for a transfer it is most likely going to be at some gun club and most don't have wireless. Additionally, even if they did, I don't own a "portable printer" to print out e-forms for each of us to sign, so it is a no-go. Unless someone is already a personal friend, I'm not inviting them to my home to do a transfer just so I can print out copies for each of us either. There are also reports here that some had the screen disappear or a pop-up asking for a password (which none of us have or ever will), thus they couldn't even print off the form they just filled out online! I won't speak for others, but I require a signed copy for MY RECORDS, in case there is ever any question. I don't give a damn about the state's records, as that isn't my problem.

Until the state gets it's house in order and gets all the PDs on board (don't hold your breath for this one), I see no reason not to use the PDF form.

P.S. If CJIS sees such a critical need for a tracking number, they can print up barcodes with a series of tracking numbers and slap them on the forms they receive before scanning. That's what the American Red Cross does when people donate blood. It's not rocket science!!

P.S. If CJIS sees such a critical need for a tracking number, they can print up barcodes with a series of tracking numbers and slap them on the forms they receive before scanning. That's what the American Red Cross does when people donate blood. It's not rocket science!!

Might not be rocket science, but it is, apparently, beyond the turkeys at the CJ-whatever-the-hell-they're-calling-themselves-this-week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom