FID, restricted FID question

bfm

NES Member
A long time ago when I was 18 and got my FID, I just remember filling out the paperwork, dropping it off and getting the card (good for life [rofl] ).

Are towns now doing full interviews etc for these? A friend's wife just got a restricted FID for pepper spray and went through full interview etc.

Are towns now doing full interviews etc for these? A friend's wife just got a restricted FID for pepper spray and went through full interview etc.

Sheer power-tripping. An FID is shall-issue. Period. Unless statutorily disqualified, there is no basis for denial and the "interview" is just grandstanding.

Do you have any idea why your friend applied for a restricted FID ?
under age 21 ? problem CORI ?

why would they do that ?

Perhaps the friend only wanted to carry pepper spray and wasn't interested in using a firearm. There are such individuals, who for whatever reason choose not to own or carry a firearm, and they are not necessarily anti-gun.

I believe that firearm ownership is a right, but it entails an awesome responsibility as well and not everyone considers themselves up to the task.

Now if you were to ask me why someone should have to have an FID to purchase and carry pepper spray, I could only reply that it is yet another example of the stupidity of Massachusetts gun laws.

Mark L.

Well, the why is her decision. I know she has no interest in firearms although she is not against them. She has a new job that has he in a lot of areas of Boston she would normally avoid, and I am sure her work would not allow her to carry while working, but may allow or turn a blind eye to sprays.

I mostly thought it was a grandstanding, dicourage all permits sort of thing on behalf of the town. They certainly treater her like a criminal just for wanting even the restricted FID.

Back
Top Bottom