FID question

my girlfriend wants to go hunting with me, she is going to take a hunters saftey course but does she need to get her FID card in order to hunt with my gun?.

thanks

Well, a muzzle loader is not a firearm in MA. Ammunition components are
verboten, though. A flintlock firing cast lead should fit the bill just fine and
add some character to boot!

F

Well, a muzzle loader is not a firearm in MA. Ammunition components are
verboten, though. A flintlock firing cast lead should fit the bill just fine and
add some character to boot!

F

On the contrary, you do need FID to possess muzzleloader outside of home or business. While one may own & have inside their home, once they step outside, FID or LTC is required. Nothing is required for the powder or balls.

Just drive up & Hunt in NH. You can pick up a license at any walmart. The course is good in all 50 states.

Perhaps with a pistol, but my reference was to long arms.

Longarms included. You can't carry any firearm, muzzleloader, antique, pistol, or longarm without the proper permit/license.

While both MA state & federal law exempt antiques & muzzleloaders, this is only for purchase & posession in your own home or business & does not allow one to carry/transport these without proper permit or license.

You can purchase a muzzleloader with no FID, but you can't use it hunting without it.

Last edited:
Chapter 140: Section 129C. Application of Sec. 129B; ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition; transfers; report to executive director; exemptions; exhibiting license to carry, etc. on demand
The provisions of this section shall not apply to the following exempted persons and uses:
(p) Carrying or possession by residents or nonresidents of so-called black powder rifles, shotguns, and ammunition therefor as described in such paragraphs (A) and (B) of the third paragraph of section 121, and the carrying or possession of conventional rifles, shotguns, and ammunition therefor by nonresidents who meet the requirements for such carrying or possession in the state in which they reside.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

Now for the laymans version....

It says the provisions do NOT apply, so....

this means that someone without an FID can possess and carry a black powder rifles, shotguns, and ammunition?

I want to be clear on this as a friend of mine had his LTC pulled due to a CWOF DUI. He wants to be able to hunt, and believes that he can legally do so with a black powder rifle or shotgun.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom