FID compliant pistol caliber carbine?

What about an auto Ordinance Thompson 1927-A1 with the 10 round Drum?

t1-0306.jpg

Riley's in Hooksett, NH had a CX4 in .45 ACP used for $450 (I think). This was on Friday.

Hanging from the rafters near the front counter. Looked to be in decent shape.

Greg

Question:

Would the OP be able to purchase or possess ammo in this fine (ha!) Commonwealth with just a FID card? I thought (not sure though- not an issue for me) that you could only have pistol caliber ammo (even if for a long gun) with a LTC.

Would kinda $uc% to get one home and not be able to feed it.

Question:

Would the OP be able to purchase or possess ammo in this fine (ha!) Commonwealth with just a FID card? I thought (not sure though- not an issue for me) that you could only have pistol caliber ammo (even if for a long gun) with a LTC.

Would kinda $uc% to get one home and not be able to feed it.

[sad2]

Someone say it ain't so.

I have CX4, very decent carbine. The ejection port and charging handle are reversible from the right to left side. Mine is set up with the port on the right and the handle on the left, a Burris laser/light and a holosight. It's surprisingly accurate.

After reading this thread and seeing JonJ's pic, I couldn't resist:
IMG_0433.jpg

Took it out and shot it in the rain a couple days ago and wound up going through about 200 rounds like it was nothing. I did have a feed problem with one of the 2 mags I got with it but I expect the store where I picked it up will make good on a swap.

JonJ, I like the barrel shroud on yours - where did you find it?

I didnt read the whole thread but a Ruger pc9 or their pc9gr or the same in .40 cal might qualify as FID compliant. JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE......you'll have to check. Cya

I didnt read the whole thread but a Ruger pc9 or their pc9gr or the same in .40 cal might qualify as FID compliant. JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE......you'll have to check. Cya

I think one of them is on the high cap roster, thus it's NA to FID.

Ammo is no problem, tell them it's for a rifle.

Where/how much do High points run for?
Mine was just a hair under $200 with a spare mag from my local purveyor. I think the dealer price is around $140-150 depending on if you get the barebones or the scope, a laser adds some more bucks. The ATI stock was 50-something online.

I think one of them is on the high cap roster, thus it's NA to FID.

Translation: You made a WAG rather than take the 30 seconds or so necessary to actually find out.

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/largecap_10_2007.pdf

Note that there are only 4 Rugers on the "Large Capacity Roster," that none of them are the 2 firearms referred to (Ruger pc9 or their [sic] pc9gr) and NONE are long arms.

So what does that suggest about those dealers who refuse to sell 10/22's and Mini's to FID holders? [rolleyes]

Last edited:
H&K USC modified to look like a UMP is probably one of the cooler looking, don't shoot so good though

A%20UMP%20SHORT%20FS.jpg

This is the STock USC, they only came with 10 round mags

USC2-1.jpg

Just checked in with law enforcement equipment, they said FID holders cannot own this gun.

wow, this thread is a year old...

Anyways, they said HK has higher capacity mags...and also said "we just know, trust me!".

wow, this thread is a year old...

Anyways, they said HK has higher capacity mags...and also said "we just know, trust me!".

The USC does not take large capacity magazines, at all.

There are some large-cap conversions for the USC, but it's certainly not
that way from the factory.

If a dealer won't sell you a USC, find another one that doesn't have their
head inserted in their backside.... [laugh]

-Mike

454 casull is plenty bad azz enough for me. A nice little legacy 92 in stainless steel. Small, almost looks like a kids toy, packs a whallop like a pile driver!

Back
Top Bottom