• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL with storage options in Southern NH

Well, my girlfriend and I have accepted jobs on the east coast and plan to be moving from CA and living NH. In the meantime, there is a chance there could be a few week layover stay at a family member's house while we find a residence of our own in NH.

That being said, can anybody recommend some good FFL's in southern NH to store my firearms while we reside in MA temporarily? Thanks

Last edited:
Self storage seems like it would be a good option. I may pursue that route. Any other options floating around?

IIRC from when Jim owned Manchester Firing Line, they rented lockers . . . perhaps only to members, worth asking.

Otherwise just rent a storage bin at a place like Extra Storage in NH and bring them in under tarps/blankets to avoid questions. Rules are not laws, so no laws broken. I did exactly this when my house was being renovated in MA (the Extra Storage place I used was in MA), they don't need to know what is stored there unless it could catch fire or explode endangering others.

Now you need to work on how to get the guns from CA to NH without getting your ass in a sling. Another 2150 posts here will take care of that . Jack.
Not too worried.
Either FFL to FFL or just lock up in accordance to FOPA and ensure I don't get pulled over.
I may take the more evil one (my WASR) and ship it, then take the "non scary" ones in my trunk

Not too worried.
Either FFL to FFL or just lock up in accordance to FOPA and ensure I don't get pulled over.
I may take the more evil one (my WASR) and ship it, then take the "non scary" ones in my trunk
If they touch a MA FFL there is a good chance that a MA dealer will refuse to transfer some of them back over to you. No FFLs are required if you already own them.

Self storage seems like it would be a good option. I may pursue that route. Any other options floating around?

I think that you would have mentioned this, but do any of the MA family members that you are staying with have a firearm license?

Last edited:
Granite State has storage for members but it's a one or two gun kind of thing.

A storage unit is probably your best bet.

Storage unit, or maybe someone on the board in NH has extra room for you to temporarily place a safe? Or do you have any friends or relatives there

Not too worried.

just a thought. as Im not sure all the laws in CA, but often people moving from MA to NH will leave 'banned' guns behind enemy lines and in the hands of other people still in a restricted state. what I'm saying is maybe sell that wasr to someone in CA who otherwise couldn't get one at the store due to your laws, if that's a thing there like it is here in MA. you can get whatever you like in NH, so replacing it would not be an issue.

As far as a route for traversing from free state to free state, first run I-80 across northern PA to avoid the NY Thruway. After that there are two options I've used: Matamoras, PA to the VT line east of Troy is 160 miles, all in NY. Or, you can go Matamoras -> Danbury, CT -> VT line above Greenfield, MA. 80 miles of NY exposure and 55 miles of MA exposure. There's 80 miles in CT going that way which may or may not be a problem

where in MA do you plan on staying?, im about 15 minutes away from southern NH........ how many guns? if you have no luck, you can leave them here until you get a place.

Because he’s not moving to Mass.

Sorry my mistake he is moving to NH Not Ma.

So he should have no issues moving to NH they really don't have any gun laws he can just take them with him.

But he can take them to MA with out a LTC to
(1) If his family has a LTC he can have them hold them.
(2) If they dont have a LTC or he has any Assault wepons he can get a safe and leave the guns in the safe at his familys house as long as he keeps the key-combo and no one but him can get in to the safe.

If family is in NH he can just leave the guns with them because NH don't really have any gun laws.

And if any of them ideas don't work then get a storage unit in NH put a safe in the unit and put the guns in there till you move to NH.

And the last and best idea is sell them all in California make the money and rebuy them cheaper in NH necause they don't have any BS gun bans or restrictions.

Last edited:
just a thought. as Im not sure all the laws in CA, but often people moving from MA to NH will leave 'banned' guns behind enemy lines and in the hands of other people still in a restricted state. what I'm saying is maybe sell that wasr to someone in CA who otherwise couldn't get one at the store due to your laws, if that's a thing there like it is here in MA. you can get whatever you like in NH, so replacing it would not be an issue.

It's really not hard to get a WASR in this state. Sure, it's most likely an online sale vs in store, but all I had to do was order an extra grip that eliminated the "pistol grip" function.
The pro gun people have actually done a decent job here of making the AWB reasonably ineffective against the rifle market

I think that you would have mentioned this, but do any of the MA family members that you are staying with have a firearm license?

Negative.
Though I have successfully convinced one family member to take the LTC course and apply. She is yet to take the course though

Why can he just move to Ma. and bring them with him put them in a safe in his house and go get his LTC.

When you move here you don't have to register them.

Cause I refuse to live in another liberal state. The games are just plain draining. Though, MA would be a hell of a lot better than CA.

If anything, if I do end up storing my WASR within MA, I will make it conform to the provision of the AWB ban that exempts any weapon from being an assault weapon

"Any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;"

Though I don't know what they're definition of detachable is. Here in CA, a maglock, properly installed, renders a formerly detachable weapon into a fixed mag gun.

Irregardless, none of my babies are going to touch the soil in MA if I can help it, and the storage unit option makes it seem like a piece of cake

Last edited:
Why can he just move to Ma. and bring them with him put them in a safe in his house and go get his LTC.

When you move here you don't have to register them.

If he's not planning on staying here more than a year it's hardly worth the effort. Complete waste of money and time.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom